Octavia MK1 Rear Sidelights Not Working?

Hi guys new to the Skoda scene and bought a dirt cheap Octavia to use as the kiddie/shop bus lol

Problem 1 is that the rear sidelights do not work... at all! Tried bulbs, nothing, the rest of the lights work and number plate lights work, thought maybe a fuse but it should be sided?? one fuse for the front left and front rear and one fuse for front right and rear right??

Not sure what I am missing... advise would be kindly appreciated :)

Daz

I looked through that diagram last night when I saw this post and could not decide what fuse it was. Will consult circuit diagrams from Haynes later.

Ok, from my manual, all the light fuses are in the upper block in the main fusebox in the end of the dashboard. The sidelights are the 2 in the column furthest from the the corner of that block that isn't there IYSWIM.

Since the name of "parking lights" implies that it's one each side, then either you have no front sidelights either, or it's something else.

Mr Haynes suggests:

F34 (110A) (must be on the battery)

F4 (5A) -- numberplate lights

F22 (5A) -- right hand side & tail light

F23 (5A) -- left hand side & tail light

Do the brake lights and rear indicators work? If not then it's a lack of the common ground return wire from the light clusters to the grounding point (haynes says under the steering column but from memory I think there is one in the boot on the left hand side where connection is made for a tow-bar).

• 3 months later...

I've got the same problem. All side lights are dead, no voltage at fuses F22 and F23. Back plate light (F4) works fine so I assume the main fuse for them is OK.

Dashboard light switch is OK, when measured with a multimeter. So my guess is that a connection is cut between the turnswitch and the fusebox?

I am out of ideas. How about you guys?

In addition to the previous: I found out the sidelights are lit if and only if the power is off and the indicator stalk is up/down. If light switch is turned off, the left/right sidelight is lit depending on the stalk position. Otherwise all sidelights are lit. I tried also without the indicator relay and the behavior is the same. It's getting a bit cryptic.

That sounds not that dis-similar to parking light behaviour.

Therefore - a feed from the ignition barrel or the indicator stalk might be the problem?

• 2 weeks later...