Anyone care to tell me

Rgh999

The best way to remove the facia trim in order to take out the Bolero, and also if I need to remove the vents above it and possibly the tray, what should I look out for and be wary of damaging.

I've always found that an old credit card is ample subsitute for the trim tool

P.S. Your topic title might look cool & trendy but meaningful titles help avoid us old & grumpy types from spitting out our Werthers' Originals!

Edited by Skoda Al Coda
  • Like 1

P.S. Your topic title might look cool & trendy but meaningful titles help avoid us old & grumpy types from spitting out our Werthers' Originals!

Fortunately those of that persuasion are still fast asleep in their corners and boxes!!

• Like 1

Sorry if my title offends, its meant to stimulate interest so people look at it. If the title is too explicit sometimes people just dont bother to look.

I do normally search first but the search engines dont always bring up the real life experiences mpeople may have had, so I always ask as well in case I have missed something. Sorry again if it offends.

• Like 2

No me hearty/mate/pal/buddy. Course it doesn't offend.

I added that comment as a flippant after-thought as I'd been amused by a couple of recent comments about topic titles. I'm sure no one would go as far as saying it 'offends', even if they do admit to (& enjoy) being grumpy.

The best way to remove the facia trim in order to take out the Bolero.

Check out the Yeti Technical guides section - HERE and you will find THIS "Removing the Bolero Radio"

Hope it helps...............Tony

Had a practice run today and removed the trim and the bolero facia to expose the torxscrews. Seems ok. Anyone know if the air vents above are just a push fit, if I decide to take them out for the sat aerial access

One note of caution: be very careful/gentle when pulling the Bolero out, the radio antenna leads can be really short and you risk damaging the white Fakra plug onto the bottom right rear corner of the head unit.

• Like 1