Folding mirrors and puddle lamps

Rgh999

I've just been out in the cold to try mine out. (What I do for this forum.) I've got auto lights and always use that setting. I unlocked the car and the interior lights came on, but not the puddle lights. I know they come on at night, when the external lights come on too. I was going to try folding the door mirrors, but since the puddle lights won't come on in the day it won't help! If I remember I'll try in the dark.

• Like 1

Inspired by Graham's gold star I've just had another go. Unlocked car and puddle lights came on, but interestingly not external lights which implies two sensors. I then locked and folded mirrors. Then unlocked with mirrors folded - no puddle lights!

Well, that's what mine does, anyway.

Inspired by Graham's gold star I've just had another go. Unlocked car and puddle lights came on, but interestingly not external lights which implies two sensors. I then locked and folded mirrors. Then unlocked with mirrors folded - no puddle lights!

Well, that's what mine does, anyway.

No head and tail lamps coming on when unlocking.

The coming home and leaving home lights setting could be set to off.

If its the same as the octavia, you can turn the option on and adjust the time they stay on, in the lights and convenience menu of the maxidot.

There is a light sensor involved. It faces forwards and sits to the front on the passenger side of your rearview internal mirror.

I discovered however that it has another stage I was not aware off. In the few hours before dusk it will switch the puddle lights on but NOT the coming / leaving home lights. A few hours later and these come on too. Peculiar. Especially since the puddle lights are so weak at night (in a city with street lamps) that I find it peculiar they have a stage setting where they come on before the coming / leaving home lights.

And my puddle lights come on regardless of them being folded or not.

I have folding mirrors fitted to mine, but they don't seem to opperate with the remote? Any ideas?

When you press the remote to lock try holding the button down rather than just a quick push.