Console Bolts

Hello

Planning to change my console bushes tomorrow and was going to do this by removing them from the car, using a press to fit the new bushes.

Does anyone know if the bolts that hold the console to the car are single use ?

I've had many different opinions now.

Thanks

Yes, you need new bolts for the console bush, front bush and the 3 each side where the wish bone attaches to the hub.

They are not usually in Skoda dealers stock!

Special order.

DB.

Yes, I replaced bolts as advised when I did my son's console bushes. Hortons Skoda glad to send by post.

One tip.............. I suggest you soak long bolts in penetrating oil or WD40 before trying to undo 'cos I sheared the first one which cost me a replacement console. Still have the n/s console as I bought a used pair.

Hope you get on well with the job - it's very satisfying doing it yourself.

You'll find good photo guide on this forum somewhere, I was grateful as it was the first time I'd done it.

You may check the tracking afterwards, too.

Completed this today, no idea how people do it on the car, so much easier in a press.

Cupra bushes are a vast improvement over standards, if making the car a little louder.

Thanks for all the help couldnt have done it without the forum.

If you have a press I'd probably do it your way (Tech1e also posted in the how to thread about doing the same from memory), if you don't it'd be Powerflex every single time. I've spoken to people who have the correct puller to do it the other way in commercial garages and the consensus seems to be it's the hardest option out if the 3.

Guest BigJase88

No need to replace bolts

I've changed my whole suspension

Wishbones

Had subframe off

Arb bushes

Dogbone mount

And not replaced a bolt yet! Nor has one fallen out