Black headlights + other extras

Are the chrome headlights easy to swap to the black ones (easy to remove/ plug+play)?

Can the armrest be fitted aftermarket?

Any idea on prices and best place to buy?

Thanks

Got my arm rest off ebay. Its a doddle to fit but the M6 cap heads that were supplied wernt long enough so something to bear in mind. I got some 20mm ones and now its solid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-SKODA-Fabia-and-Roomster-Armrest-/280917804820?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4168018714

*pretty sure* that the Black headlights are only available for F/L models.

@ the OP, I can't ascertain from your profile whether your fabia is FL or not?

What's FL?

The car i'm looking at is a 2010 model (01/10) with the chrome lights and grille - if i bought it i'd want to swap to black lights + grille

Keep the chrome twin halogens mate, the black projector light units with the single H7 are $h!t€ in comparison!!

I'm wanting to do the opposite to you, the black projectors are good to look at, but that's about all!

Steve :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Right.  I did exactly the same, when i got my 2010 Fabia VRS, which came with Chrome grill and clear lights.   I noticed that when I had my main lights on, they woudnt flash(when i got the black headlights fitted) on coming vehicles however it would show on the dash (blue hi beam).  I had to take it Skoda which they spent a day re-wiring it all, so they would flash.  However a few people have had this problem, and tried to take it back to skoda but they wouldn't touch it.

• Like 1

That is not about 'Skoda', the company and manufacturer.

That is Dealership Workshops you are talking about.

So do you mean, 

First you changed the bulb type on the standard lights,

then you paid a Workshop to convert your car to the newer lights, and then they had to do the job correctly to make them function correctly?

• 2 weeks later...

That is not about 'Skoda', the company and manufacturer.

That is Dealership Workshops you are talking about.

So do you mean, 

First you changed the bulb type on the standard lights,

then you paid a Workshop to convert your car to the newer lights, and then they had to do the job correctly to make them function correctly?

Nope. Didn't change the bulb type whatsoever.  Just the headlights from chrome to black, then they (Dealership Workshop) had to wire them up so they worked correctly.