Those with SE Plus... Questions

CFB

Having ordered an SE I have the opportunity to upgrade to an SE Plus.

According to the current brochure the Kristal upholstery is full leather.

I'm convinced that it's cloth not leather.

Can someone confirm which is correct please?

Concerning Amundsen, how good is the mapping and routes chosen by it?

And lastly, how is the Bluetooth, have you got any annoying little niggles with it?

Ta.

SE plus is cloth. Personal taste but I like it. Bluetooth works perfectly with my iPhone. The sat nav in my opinion is ok. It's not fully featured but its built in and always there and easy to use.

I'm not a fan of the SE+ cloth, much prefer the standard fayre. I'd also rather have the non-Sat Nav Bolero than the Amudsen, primarily because of the way it looks, but also because I use my iPhone connected to Bluetooth for all my Sat-Nav needs!

N.B. I don't have an SE+ though!

• Like 1

I prefer the seat covers in our SE Plus - cloth by the way. The Sat Nav has not let us down to date but we don't use it that much. Bluetooth is fine, phone hooks up every time. I also prefer the Plus for the other small details of a leather type door insert, as opposed to a cloth type material, and the all plastic finish on the sides of the internal boot, instead of carpet type inserts. Looks better and easier for me to cleans with the kids and dog!

• Like 1

Thank all.

If the upholstery had been leather it would have been worth the change up,, with all the other extra stuff, but I think I'll stay with the SE.

I already have a generic satnav and can always have a Bluetooth kit added to the order.

By the time we'd added all the accessories we would have liked (specifically the bluetooth), it was as cheap to get the SE+ over the SE - so the SatNav was literally thrown in FOC. It's useful though - although I've retained my Garmin for the time being.

I like the lumbar support on the seats as well.

• Like 1

By the time we'd added all the accessories we would have liked (specifically the bluetooth), it was as cheap to get the SE+ over the SE - so the SatNav was literally thrown in FOC. It's useful though - although I've retained my Garmin for the time being.

I like the lumbar support on the seats as well.

Jock makes good point here.... the se doesn't have lumber support, the se+ seats I've found are a lot more comfortable....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Jock makes good point here.... the se doesn't have lumber support, the se+ seats I've found are a lot more comfortable....

Ah, but they were one of the cheaper options on my SE (about £100 I think) + I got to add the folding front seat option. Wasn't possible on the SE+, otherwise I'd have had one.

Ah, but they were one of the cheaper options on my SE (about £100 I think) + I got to add the folding front seat option. Wasn't possible on the SE+, otherwise I'd have had one.

Yeah err I wanted the 170 engine....At the time when I ordered mine it was only available on the se+ and the elegance. I don't like leather seats so I ordered the se+. So far I haven't been disappointed the month I've had mine over my previous 140. The engine is smoother more economical and has more torque....

We added the Lumbar Support option to our SE. Well worth the comparatively modest cost, we believe. Two back-sufferers here find the front seats the most comfortable of very many over the years.

• 1 month later...

I've read a lot of opinions about the Bolero and Columbus but little about the Amundsen, which is coming in my SE+. Any views out there?

Our old Yeti was an SE with Bolero, the new beast is an SE+ with Amundsen.

It took a wee bit of getting used to the new interface on the Amundsen, but now I prefer it, It does everything the Bolero did but more and better.

We have a 32GB SD card with a load of music on it - the Bolero was slow to load this, but the Amundsen is pretty much instant. Sometimes, when listening to the radio, I use the "Information" screen which displays artist and track information (if the station transmits it) - on the Bolero we had to select this each time the screen was changed, but the Amundsen seems to remember it. Having the SatNav in the Amundsen is useful too - it's like a camera - the best one is the one you have at the time!

Strangely enough we haven't used the CD player yet - just got everything we want on SD cards!

Our old Yeti was an SE with Bolero, the new beast is an SE+ with Amundsen.

It took a wee bit of getting used to the new interface on the Amundsen, but now I prefer it, It does everything the Bolero did but more and better.

We have a 32GB SD card with a load of music on it - the Bolero was slow to load this, but the Amundsen is pretty much instant. Sometimes, when listening to the radio, I use the "Information" screen which displays artist and track information (if the station transmits it) - on the Bolero we had to select this each time the screen was changed, but the Amundsen seems to remember it. Having the SatNav in the Amundsen is useful too - it's like a camera - the best one is the one you have at the time!

Strangely enough we haven't used the CD player yet - just got everything we want on SD cards!

I wish the Bolero would remember that I want to see track information. It is a royal pain to have to select it every time you want to see it I agree.

CFB: having OE fitted sat nav is always a big tick come resale time. So I suspect an SE+ will have slightly better resale value than an SE come selling time. I'd go for it (even if you don't use it).

I'm glad to see on the new Octavia that the new Amundsen lost that horrid incongruously looking round central button under the little screen (which is why I dislike the thing so much).

er_photo_187840_52.jpg

vs Columbus:

3-07-16-January-%C5%A0KODA-announces-UK-prices-and-specific.jpg

My L&K Columbus must be a newer model as it does not have that screen.

Those are pictures of the new Octavia. My point being that the new Amundsen looks better than the one currently fitted to the Yeti. It is thus impossible for you to have either of those screens in your Yeti! :giggle: