Skoda Superb facelift official photos!

If they really di make the revised twin-door with the FL back and pre-FL front, that would be ideal. The pre FL front has all the presence needed in a luxury saloon, but the back was ........ugh..... whereas the FL back has the presence needed in an luxury saloon and the front is, not to put too fine a point on it, bland.

If they really di make the revised twin-door with the FL back and pre-FL front, that would be ideal. The pre FL front has all the presence needed in a luxury saloon, but the back was ........ugh..... whereas the FL back has the presence needed in an luxury saloon and the front is, not to put too fine a point on it, bland.

100% agree with you here. The facelift took all of the Superb's amazing nose presence away. It used to look scowling and had a lovely get-out-of my-way look to it. Now it's as bland as a bowl of dishwater.

100% agree with you here. The facelift took all of the Superb's amazing nose presence away. It used to look scowling and had a lovely get-out-of my-way look to it. Now it's as bland as a bowl of dishwater.

I wasn't so keen on the old nose, too awkward and like a squashed Fabia. Personally like the new version, still distinct from the rest of the range but simple and classy - not as bland as a Passat or contrived and ugly like an Audi.

Funny, I always think of the Fabia as a squashed Superb - as though its sides have been squashed and the roof has got higher!

However, this debate just shows that we all have differing tastes.........probably just as well!

• Like 1

Can't believe the Greenline II models retain the crappy Spectrum alloys - by far the worst feature on my Greenline II (that and the awful positioning of the front door speakers which also look unchanged post FL) - I see the Greenline II gets a heated windscreen now as standard on the Elegance (was not even a selectable option pre-FL on Greenline II) so maybe they'll allow the speaker upgrade as an option... and some better looking alloys as an option... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Skoda UK .... if the Octavia III is large enough (I'm hoping its close to Passat size now) then that'll get my money next year over a Face Lifted Superb II....

Whilst I agree the pre-fl front was much better than the pre-fl back, I think the facelift front still has presence and is different enough from the Octavia and Rapid that it is not a clone:

019%20SUPERB_jpg.jpg

Whilst I agree the pre-fl front was much better than the pre-fl back, I think the facelift front still has presence and is different enough from the Octavia and Rapid that it is not a clone:

I agree with you. It is not the worst facelift I've ever seen, all in all. The difference is about an inch or so. Look at the pre-fl below. The centre point of the headlights are about and inch higher than the new one - with the top of the outer ring of the light cut off by the bonnet. Thus making the car's "eyes" look scowling. Which is a look I much prefer. The new one has the lights mounted lower so they look more "open" and more akin to a trusting puppy than a tiger about to eat you! :giggle: And when trying to overtake someone (or just get them to move left on a motorway) which would you rather be?!

019%20SUPERB_jpg.jpg

SNA19M02A-682_685470a.jpg

superb_file_019-480x319.jpg

I agree with you. It is not the worst facelift I've ever seen, all in all. The difference is about an inch or so. Look at the pre-fl below. The centre point of the headlights are about and inch higher than the new one - with the top of the outer ring of the light cut off by the bonnet. Thus making the car's "eyes" look scowling. Which is a look I much prefer. The new one has the lights mounted lower so they look more "open" and more akin to a trusting puppy than a tiger about to eat you! :giggle: And when trying to overtake someone (or just get them to move left on a motorway) which would you rather be?!

That's a good observation, however I think the lower and wider grille on the facelift increase the presence a bit.

• 2 weeks later...