Felicia Power steering

Mine is a 1999 5 door with the 1.3 mpi engine and does have power steering although I do not know if that was specified as an option at time of purchase or was standard. It does not have electric windows but they are mentioned as an option in the handbook.

I think most facelift cars have power steering execpt the very basic L models. Whereas I'm not sure any of the pre facelifts have it, not even the top of the range L&K. Someone feel free to correct me here.

Electric windows were fitted to the L&K and Bohemia special editions on the pre facelift and the SLXi facelift although mine are so slow in the up direction it would be quicker to wind them up manually!

I think most facelift cars have power steering execpt the very basic L models. Whereas I'm not sure any of the pre facelifts have it, not even the top of the range L&K. Someone feel free to correct me here.

Electric windows were fitted to the L&K and Bohemia special editions on the pre facelift and the SLXi facelift although mine are so slow in the up direction it would be quicker to wind them up manually!

My old pre-facelift '98 GLXi had power steering, my '96 L&K doesn't, however. There are a few things I've never encountered and I'm not even sure they were actually available in this country and they are the EDL (Electronic differential lock) as part of the ABS module, side airbags, headlight washers, under-seat trays e.t.c.

Rarities include leccy windows, air con, alarm/remote locking and the remote locking tailgate.

• Like 1

My old pre-facelift '98 GLXi had power steering, my '96 L&K doesn't, however. There are a few things I've never encountered and I'm not even sure they were actually available in this country and they are the EDL (Electronic differential lock) as part of the ABS module, side airbags, headlight washers, under-seat trays e.t.c.

Rarities include leccy windows, air con, alarm/remote locking and the remote locking tailgate.

I've got an under seat tray, didn't even know it was there until I poking around putting the new stereo in! I've seen pictures of cars with headlamp washers but they've all been Czech cars.

• Like 1

I've got an under seat tray, didn't even know it was there until I poking around putting the new stereo in!

I'm gonna have to have a look meself now youve mentioned it, haha.

I saw some under seat trays on ebay a couple of years ago. Looked like a dealer selling off old stock - mats, boot liners etc. all genuine Skoda. Fancied them but had other things to buy at the time.

Dealer told me first introduced on diesels and then very quickly afterwards on the 1.3 GLi top of the range cars (I have a 1997 R which has power steering).1.6 got it as a result of complaints about the steering being heavy just before face lift.

After that most higher spec cars had it just not the L spec some of which didn't even have airbags quite late in the production run.

mine was a l spec it had no power steering no air bags but did have cl skoda dealer extra not oem one now has every think even air con you can fit power steering to a 1.3 easy..

all of the diesel ones have power steering, and the glxi models did too, as said above it's fairly easy to retrofit power steering if you can find a donor car to get all the parts from a breakers yard, there is a guide in the classic technical guides section on how to fit it all up.

• 5 years later...

Hello Chaps!

I want to bring this tread back to like (It doesn t mean it was dead)

Interesting conversion to power steering. I guess for todays drivers it is a must have, unless your car will be a collectible in pristine condition.  I drive since brand new, a 1.3 Felicia Carburator from 1996.  It runs fine and I m thinking about the power steering.

Normal steering is indeed pretty heavy and car could be more enjoyable with this improvement.

Once you get the rack and the column, what abour an electro power steering adaption?  Is it possible?  

How much will the parts could cost?

I m in Colombia (South America) and it will be possible to collect the parts here. A lot of Felicias arrived during the late 90s, but maybe a few 1.6 with power steering.  Just in case i could not get the parts here, is there any breaker/ Junkyard that can suppy and send from UK or Europe?

At last.. one little important detail:  Car is LHD  (Wrong side for britain :))

Edited by automobilova

Electric might be possible with Peugeot 106 pump or something similar. Good luck with sourcing parts, acessory mount for 1.3 is hard to find.