In this mega test where would a

23 members have voted

1. 1. Where would the Yeti have finished?

• First
    • Second
    • Third
    • Fourth
    • Fifth
    • Last

I know you won't easily get a manual £30,000 Yeti (to meet their test criteria) and it is deemed from the class below, but still:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/compact-suv-mega-test

It would surely have lost on boot size, but having such a high and level roof I'm sure the front and rear passenger space would have rated well. Also the flexible rear seating can't be beaten by any of these contenders in that test.

The Kuga gets a mention as feeling more akin to a hot hatch in the handling department. I'd say the Yeti will give it a run for its money there too.

So all in all I'd say a Yeti would still come out very high in this test and certainly well above the woeful Toyota RAV4 and Mitsubishi Outlander.

(I posted this link in a reply to the Hyundai Santa Fe thread, bought thought it thought provoking enough to make its own thread).

You haven't played with the configurator enough Johann :) I got a 170 Elegance to over £31K. Admittedly I had to add every option, but you wouldn't have any empty dash buttons!

Who voted last :bandit:

bob someone to join you in the corner but defiantly without beer :giggle:

... or water or peanuts and standing room only... in the opposite corner in the nasty draft....

They call these compact SUV's.......

What is the Yeti then? Not compact?

The Santa Fe is far from compact.

I didn't realise the Kuga was that much bigger than the Yeti. I'm sure the Yeti could give the Kuga a run for its money.

Yes the Ford appears a bit of a beast, one pulled along side the other week while waiting at some lights. What I like about the Yeti is it's fairly diminutive exterior dimensions compared to the inside; akin to a TARDIS :giggle:

So please Skoda don't make her put on weight; should go do some vehicle trials around the more remote parts of the British Isles, rather than sticking to Milton Keynes :yes:

TP

• Like 1

The Yeti is one of my favourite concocted words from the 2002 Nissan Micra ad campaign:

Compact

yet

Spacious

So: Compacious.

:hi:

Due to its length it firmly sits in the B segment. But with over 1,700 litres of internal boot space (sans seats and spare enclosure) it firmly sits in the C segment. Also on price it sits between the two. So akin to what the Octavia used to be: bigger than a Focus but smaller than a Mondeo. An in-between class meaning it has a little BC segment all to itself! But will Yeti II sit there? I doubt. Yeti II will clearly become a C segment I think.