guess what, yep oil issue

hi people, well car has done 37000 miles and i thought lets have a look at the oil issue ive been having, so took it in they topped up and took milage, i came back 2 weeks later, with the oil just on the dip stick, 800 miles and now ive been told by them thats allowed, i said u are joking so every 800 or so miles i have to top up, no way, so they are getting skoda to ring me and explain why it is correct oil usage, someone is taking the **** somewhere, are they right and me wrong, cant be right, can it? :devil:

You are right and the Workshop that is saying such a thing is just so wrong.

How old is the car,

when first registered,

whats its history as to ownership and your ownership of it?

It will need to be a proper Oil Consumption test they do, if Skoda UK ok that.

Oil and filter changed, weighed amount of oil in the engine, dynamic test and re-weighed when the oil is dropped.

If they actually want to check the consumption.

Skoda UK will know easily enough by the engine code & VIN number, if your engine is a likely candidate for poor manufacturing, parts or tolerances.

george

• Like 1

You are right and the Workshop that is saying such a thing is just so wrong.

How old is the car,

when first registered,

whats its history as to ownership and your ownership of it?

It will need to be a proper Oil Consumption test they do, if Skoda UK ok that.

Oil and filter changed, weighed amount of oil in the engine, dynamic test and re-weighed when the oil is dropped.

If they actually want to check the consumption.

Skoda UK will know easily enough by the engine code & VIN number, if your engine is a likely candidate for poor manufacturing, parts or tolerances.

george

Hi george, car is 2011 i got it from new, oits always used oil but it has gradualy got worse, my skoda branch say they have got in touch with skoda uk and ive got to bring it back in morrow for a new oil check skoda says it is on the limit, bloody limit, no car uses that amount of oil, ive had peformance cars before and never had this iol comsumption, will see wot happens from here in.

Edited by icemanmjm

Might have been acceptable in the first 2-3000 miles, but then it should have been like all the properly running vRS,

nil to a little oil use depending on usage.

Sadly, or IMHO rather luckily for you it looks like you might be getting a Replacement engine.

Hold out for a new Cat, and some warranty on the engine longer than the cars 3 years.

Courtesy car and no expense to your self for a Skoda UK know fault with 'some Twinchargers' with CAVE engines.

?? How have you been doing for MPG,

along with Sharkrider and a few others, you are up there with the highest mileage Twinchargers on Briskoda.

Please let me know where they fill it up to on the stick cold and hot when they fill it

george

Might have been acceptable in the first 2-3000 miles, but then it should have been like all the properly running vRS,

nil to a little oil use depending on usage.

Sadly, or IMHO rather luckily for you it looks like you might be getting a Replacement engine.

Hold out for a new Cat, and some warranty on the engine longer than the cars 3 years.

Courtesy car and no expense to your self for a Skoda UK know fault with 'some Twinchargers' with CAVE engines.

?? How have you been doing for MPG,

along with Sharkrider and a few others, you are up there with the highest mileage Twinchargers on Briskoda.

george

Well george i get about 35 to 40miles to the gallon and she goes so well but this needs to be sorted now not later.

when I visted Bickerton on saturday the service 'bod' said that 1ltr to 1000miles is the figure given by skoda and that all engines are built to use oil now

sounded abit like bull to me, but they are going to do the 500 mile test on it

kaa,

at that point i would get a Skoda Owners manual from a publish date around 2010 and show them the may "use '0.5 litres in 1000 km depending on your style of driving" bit.

"Oil consumption may be slightly higher during the first 5000 km" etc

& all the bumf, and thats a statement they make for all the engines.

*that in its self is just tosh.*

Then i would ask the Bickerton Service 'bod' to show me in writing where he gets his stupid facts from to make daft statements.

I would also ask his Qualifications and if he thinks Skoda/VAG will be happy at his response.

Ask anyone telling you that type of thing to write it down,

stamp with the Dealers stamp and sign their statement.

george

• Like 1

Then i would ask the Bickerton Service 'bod' to show me in writing where he gets his stupid facts from to make daft statements.

I would also ask his Qualifications and if he thinks Skoda/VAG will be happy at his response.

I wouldn't!

However frustrating it all is, & however angry you feel, if they are offering to do the consumption test without threatening to make you pay for it, I'd bite my lip.

This is (an extract of) the official Skoda line:

Customer statement / workshop findings

The customer claims higher engine oil consumption than given by the manufacturer in the standard. However, neither oil leakage from the engine (by outside contamination) was detected nor faults related to a possible cause for engine oil consumption were found in the Guided Fault Finding. Clear and unambiguous data on the actual oil consumption does not exist.

Before starting any works, include a text into the order reminding the customer that costs are arising from verifying and analysing his claim / the fault claimed. If this claim is qualified as an unjustified one, the customer will have to reimburse the necessary costs resulting from the weight test examining the engine oil consumption.

Example of the text in the order:

To verify the engine oil consumption, an objective test is to be performed as prescribed by the manufacturer with accompanying costs equal to 100 TUs and costs for the new oil.

These costs are to be reimbursed by the customer, if the claim is not justified.

Signature of the customer: ………………………………

Technical background

The standard given by the manufacturer concerning the maximum engine oil consumption for various vehicle and engine types can be found in the Owner’s Manual.

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

Yes thats all usual stuff.

The Skoda/VAG actions over the Twinchargers are rather different due to the known faults and how Skoda UK is having to deal with them.

The CAVE engine is now supersede by the newer engine with modifications & should be better quality control late 2012.

Skoda/VAG have had the knowledge of problems with Plugs, Injector,Coil, misfire, Bore Wash etc.

They did the ECU upgrades & Breather Mod fixes without success, so now they need to deal with any August 2010 - 2012 CAVE engines without too many questions.

Faulty Engines have been getting replaced within 2 weeks since late 2012

They even pay for Oil Used through high oil usage until the Warranty work is done.

They just need to tell this to Owners rather than them finding out on Forums.

Skoda know how many of the First Dealership Demonstrators were faulty late 2010.

we are now 2 1/2 years on and Skoda & Skoda dealers are still acting like no major problem exists.

There are good cars out there, but the highest mileage ones without yet any problems,

thats 'as known on here' are below 50,000 miles.

It does look like SKODA/VAG are trying to avoid a recall on all vRS Twinchargers from 2010 - mid 2012.

george

Maybe someone can find SKODA/VAG technical Documents on Engine Failures.

Until then we can just read what REVO put out.

Hi everyone well well topped up with oil and see what i do mileage again, next thing they are going to do is the oil breather, and after reading on here that doesnt work either, but ive got to go along with it, I just think theyhavent got a clue whats going on, We will see.

To be perfectly serious, your car has done 37,000 miles from new, and its your time they are now wasting.

I would contact Skoda UK Customer Services.

Ask directly how many successful High Oil usage engines have been repaired with the 'Breather Mod'.

The engine has now started using more oil through Bore or Piston ring wear.

I would suggest to them that your engine is a perfect one for them to take out, strip down and examine, being as it is a one owner one driver car.

Worth that contact yourself with Skoda UK by Phone and Email because the Dealer can mess about for long enough.

george