The facelift of Superb II looked nice, whats your opinion ?

Most cars (1.8TSI and all diesels) will have stop/start and re-gen braking according to Auto Express.

When folks travel in my 2012 MY 1.4 tsi, they usually think it's got stop/start - that's how quiet it is at idle!

It seems to be minor cosmetic changes to interior and exterior. Most models will likely get stop/start and energy recovery but mechanics should remain mostly unchanged. I doubt many non-Superb owners would not a difference upon inital glance, and this beggars the question:- why change every panel if things look almost identical afterwards?

The lights do look better and the rump of the twindoor has been tidied up a bit. Not sure about waiting for the new model becasue the "VAT-free" deal will no doubt disappear with it's arrival (atleast for a year or so).

Not sure about it to be honest. I'm thinking of moving away from the Superb in any case on my next renewal about a year from now and this isn't going to make me reconsider, which a decent remodel may have done.

To be honest the main driver on probably moving away is the running cost and tax hit. I only get about 350 miles out of the 4x4 estate for each refill. Considering going to a compact SUV like the Mazda CX5 which has a more efficient engine, although maybe not the rear room and the refinement of the Superb. If they are doing nothing about that just now then I can't see my going back in for another.

Edited by Andy74