Intercoolers

Evenin all

I'm currently running a turborevs smic on a stage 1 and wanna go stage 2 :) I'm wondering if this will suffice or should I go fmic ? Problem is I can't afford a THS Or Forge so was thinking of using a universal fmic and a Leon inlet manifold so i can run the pipe work straight up the passenger side or are twin pass ic's the way forward ?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me :)

Thanks

Matt

There is the option of buying say a toyo front mounted intercooler kit and replacing the intercooler with a bigger one, so you have all the pipe work

Sent from my dad's old HTC Incredible S, not a dodgy s3!

Dunno I'm not an expert, I just brought my car with the toyo front mount already fitted lol

I have been told that they are a pita to fit, although in my case I haven't had any problems with it in 3 years of ownership of the car lol

Sent from my dad's old HTC Incredible S, not a dodgy s3!

Do some searches on the mk4 golf forums m8 loads of people are running stage 2 maps with turbo revs side mounts , on here every one will say forge front mount but as you say they are very expensive £700 and you already have spent money and bought a bigger than std intercooler try getting better air flow to this one with the wheel arch mod and try fitting a side vent in the bumper if you havent already done this, good air flow =cooler boost

Lucky sod raf !! Lol

I've heard there's a lot of work involved depending on which route to take (thanks to volvomeg for the info ????)

And I've been nosey around the forums willy but must have skipped past them ! I've done the wheel arch mod and wondered about a vent in the bumper .. Gonna have a look around for posts on that next me thinks ??