Black Mountain Run

Any more interest guys?

I'm currently talking to Korban on some finer details and then a date will be set and a separate thread will be made. We will be doing the 150 mile trip because no one minded which we did. This will include some of the best welsh roads and will be a very good day out!!

Details on meeting points etc will be posted in the new thread.

Lets try and get a good turn out for this guys. Maybe we can start some regular meets then. Got a few ideas for future meets including a karting meet.

Can I add a warning to the organiser/s.

You are proposing a 150 mile trip in 4 hours actual driving time, which gives an average speed in excess of 30mph. Although you may consider this might not apply to you that is contrary to a few Laws that although intended to control motorsport also can, and have elsewhere, been applied to "social runs". It means that the "organiser" can be prosecuted and be held liable if an accident did occur. I would suggest that you either rethink your route slightly or your timings.

As I have offered to others, if you let me know your route in advance I will check that it doesn't clash with any events being held, plus will advise whether it uses any area that is particularly "sensitive" at the moment. There are several areas especially in the Dyfed Powys Police area that are causing "problems" at the moment and the Police can be "active" over the weekends looking for what they consider to be illegal motorsport events, which technically this comes under as a "Touring Assembly".

Thanks lanigraham we were for now only giving rough times and will give a more generous amount once the final route has been decided.

Not in anyway will there be illegal street racing of any kind and we will ask all who attend to try and enjoy them selves whilst thinking of other road users and the law!!

We all know how serious accidents can be and I ask all to take care whilst being there. There will more than likely be a vast amount of experiences and we WILL not leave anyone behind.

Thanks

No problem, and as said, if you want me to check for any clashes or problems on the route I am more than willing to do so.

Note that I was not not suggesting there would be any "racing", however under the Law any motoring event being organised on the public highway has to abide by some rules, the most important for you being that even though the "run" is untimed it still cannot exceed a 30mph average speed. I know of 2 motorcycle runs in the Peak District where due to some "problem" the Police became involved and at least 3 Sect 59 Notices were issued, one to the organiser, plus there have been several "runs" in the Dyfed Powys area where Police action has been taken. None of these were competitive in any way.

I would certainly suggest that you keep well away from the Abergwesyn Pass, Llyn Brianne area, and possibly the area that was shown in a thread on here recently in the Blaenavon (??) area.

I wouldn't class it as a run at all. Merely a few mates in convoy going somewhere. As for average speed not exceeding 30mph, I'll be on a "run" to Aberystwyth tomorrow with my dad and uncle following, so that's 3 vehicles and the average speed will be a lot more than 30mph.

• Like 1