What's the highest mileage anyone has done in a 1.2 TSI?

Zib

Just wondering what the highest mileage anyone has done in a 1.2 TSI Yeti so far? It's a small engine in a heavy car, so therefore gets worked quite hard, even in gentle driving. Any turbo or intercooler pipe failures?

I'm just coming up to 5000, so right at the bottom of the list...

Just done 60000 miles, hardly trouble free but I am putting all the issues down to teething troubles with the relatively new engine at the time I got it. It seems all the problems I had have been fixed on later models. Still loving the car

There is a 2010 1.2 DSG Elegance on Autotrader at Ely that has done 78290 and they are still asking £11975, also a few more that have middle 40s on the clock.

wouldn't she be cheaper just taking taxis? :rofl:

Probably. :rofl:

Because they live in the garage and rarely see a motorway, so no stone chips, I do get a cracking PX price on them though.

• Like 1

It all happened before my ownership, the new engine had done 1-2k miles when I bought it....

I contacted the dealership who carried out the work (Telfords Skoda in Carlisle), they kindly provided me the following information:

"The engine was replaced in conjunction with a Skoda Field Campaign for an updated timing chain. This was due to impermissable lenghtening if the timing chain which can lead to rattling noises and running problems (erratic engine operation).

On this particular occasion the chain had lengthened to a degree that allowed it to skip hence causing internal damage. This resulted in the engine being replaced alongside the updated timing chain"

I've now done a further 10k with no issues whatsoever :rofl: