Fabia 3 spoke MFSW.

Good afternoon fellow Briskodians!

I have recently placed an order for a new 1.6 TDI Elegance and I've specced the 3 spoke MFSW and small leather kit. When I asked the salesman he pointed to the VRS wheel and said that mine would look the same. Is that correct? Surely it's not the same wheel as the VRS variant has the paddle shift? Would anyone who has the latest 3 spoke wheel please if possible post a picture for me too see.

Also wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the other 'small leather' bits to see where my cash has gone!

Thanks in advance & kind regards.

OK then. I'm just going on the picture that's in the brochure. If that's what I'm getting I'll be more than happy as I think it's a great looking steering wheel. Just confused as you stated it would be the VRS wheel but without the logo but the brochure shows VRS wheel but it has no logo pictured. It wouldn't surprise me if the brochure is wrong though.

Here's a pc of the 3 spoke MFSW inmy Jan 2013 1.2TSI elegance Fabia. Also a few pics of the leather in the small leather pack. The seat backs are in an artificial leather like fabric. The cushion and backrest centres are cloth withleather on the sides of seat and backrest. Also steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake lever are leather coveres. The effect is quite classy to my mind. post-34103-0-52881300-1366564301_thumb.jpgpost-34103-0-75521600-1366564361_thumb.jpgpost-34103-0-38044200-1366564390_thumb.jpg

By the way I dont think the upgrade wheel on an Elegance will be perforated leather it will be all smooth. Otherwise identical to the vRS wheel.

The wheel in the photos directly above is the older wheel, the posters car must have been one of the last off the line with the old wheel, gear leaver/handbrake and Skoda badging as thats all been changed to match the badging used on the new Rapid & Octavia.

If you factory order a car now it will come with the newer wheel as per the earlier photo.

Its also worth noting that some literature photos show buttons on both sides of the wheel; no Fabia has this. The right hand buttons are on the bigger cars to control the trip computer and telephone prep if fitted, all Fabias control the trip computer the old school way with buttons on the wiper stalk.

It is possible if ordering telephone prep (Bluetooth) to have the push of the volume button hang up/answer calls and activate the voice dialing instead of just muting/turning off the stereo but its just a VCDS coding change, no hardware is installed and is considered by most on here as a £165 waste of cash.

By the way I dont think the upgrade wheel on an Elegance will be perforated leather it will be all smooth. Otherwise identical to the vRS wheel.

The wheel in the photos directly above is the older wheel, the posters car must have been one of the last off the line with the old wheel, gear leaver/handbrake and Skoda badging as thats all been changed to match the badging used on the new Rapid & Octavia.

If you factory order a car now it will come with the newer wheel as per the earlier photo.

Its also worth noting that some literature photos show buttons on both sides of the wheel; no Fabia has this. The right hand buttons are on the bigger cars to control the trip computer and telephone prep if fitted, all Fabias control the trip computer the old school way with buttons on the wiper stalk.

It is possible if ordering telephone prep (Bluetooth) to have the push of the volume button hang up/answer calls and activate the voice dialing instead of just muting/turning off the stereo but its just a VCDS coding change, no hardware is installed and is considered by most on here as a £165 waste of cash.

Many thanks for that. I was starting to suspect that gerryfr's might be an older wheel. If mine turns up the same as the brochure image I'll be pleased and even more so if, as the dealer said is the same as the VRS wheel with regards to the perforated leather.

As a side note, wouldn't it be better and easier if the brochure contained the relevant and correct information. This years Fabia brochure illustrates the available alloy wheels and paint colours but not the steering wheel options.

My Fabia was manufactured in build week 02 this year. The changes to grill and badges were from build week 06. I did not realise the steering wheel was also changed. Apologies for misleading infolrmation.

My pocket diary lists the week number.

Week 1 this year began on new year's eve, ie a Monday. Week 2 began on Mon 7th Jan.

Today, Monday April 22nd is the start of week 17.

According to my diary there are 52 weeks in this year and week 1 of next year begins on Monday 30Dec 2013. I suspect there will be a 53 week year along eventually to even tthings up. End of thread hijack.

Wife took delivery of a new Fabia Scout 105 early Feb. We ordered MFSW and whilst by and large it looks like the vRS wheel it does not have the perforations. Whether this applies to the facelifted version do not know but worth checking.