#czechmate

bowen

Updates, kind of....

Winter mode updates;

Rubber mats and anti freeze etc

Standard VRS wheels are fitted for winter.

Sealed leaky door carriers, no more condensation!

Bought a front bumper (my bumper won't hold a drivers fog light and my OCD can't stand it!) which I will get fitted and sprayed next year along with a full respray.

Bought Vrs bumper brackets.

Bought a Forge FMIC as I now intend to keep the Fabia, after a stupid idea of selling up.

Also keeping my eye on a turbo that's for sale too...

Lol. No, no smoothing thought about it but the fear of it cracking puts me off. The new bumper has xenon washer jets so I may plumb them in somehow.

Did you get my post on your thread about my LCR splitter? Think we discussed it at the last meet.

If youde like lloyd, will have to try to fit mine first because I was thinking mine is stretched and screwed alot but we can have a go and if its not any good i will pay for a brand new one. I think it will be ok though, if you bring the bumper up mine i will fit it for you i pre drilled all my holes for the self tappers and fitted on my own so if theres two of us we will fly it.

Yeah I have a build thread but it's a little pointless ATM. I have ordered some weitec coilovers and will be ordering some 3sdm 0.01 soon so there will be movement then :)

Keep it coming Bowen, like the winter mode changes, great idea with the rubber mats.

Cheers Jars. Rubber mats £8 from Asda, quality is alright.

If youde like lloyd, will have to try to fit mine first because I was thinking mine is stretched and screwed alot but we can have a go and if its not any good i will pay for a brand new one. I think it will be ok though, if you bring the bumper up mine i will fit it for you i pre drilled all my holes for the self tappers and fitted on my own so if theres two of us we will fly it.

Nice one Joe, when I get the bumper sprayed and fitted I'll bring the splitter too you and we can see what we can do.

Yeah I have a build thread but it's a little pointless ATM. I have ordered some weitec coilovers and will be ordering some 3sdm 0.01 soon so there will be movement then :)

I'll take a look at your thread now. 3dsm's and weitecs can't go wrong.

New page so new pics. Current winter mode setup, ugly as sin.

Black and white ooooohhhhhh moody.

fa8f92df5a972e4b20a2fec75f0a5438_zps11e3

Looks high at the rear, it isn't in "real life". Could be because I had stripped the rear seats out to fit in the second bumper.

I fitted mine off the car so might be easier to buy a new one and get your body shop to fit it, or i take mine off and they can have a go but might be worth getting a new one though. I dont mind covering the cost of a new one for your splitter as it will still be alot cheaper.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update.

Bought forge FMIC from Jambro. Top seller.

Car wouldn't start "it's your battery" said one garage. "It's your alternator" said another garage. I had a search on Briskoda and nothing, searched google and it linked to a thread on here. I asked a few questions and wala..."load signal to alternator" wire had snapped. Fixed.

Today no electric windows. Electric mirrors work. Swapped fuses around got the passenger window working off the passenger window switch, but nothing through driver side switch.

Condensation doing my head in, froze on the inside of the windscreen the other day very annoying.

Bought a house.