#czechmate

bowen

• 1 month later...

Updaaaate.

Ordered/bought

Forge FMIC and pipe work

PD150 garrett turbo

Set of VRS wheels from Joe which will be refurbed for a set of winters.

Korban's coming home light kit.

Need to order seat Ibiza crash bar. Not sure whether to send the turbo off for hybrid treatment or not.

Tomorrow Joshh and I are fitting PD 150 head bolts to prevent headlift. Head gasket symptoms have calmed down recently?

Future plans

Fit turbo and FMIC then map it all in.

Distant future

Clutch

Interior/retrim

Want

Octavia rear brakes

Over and out

• Like 3

I've had 17 cars since I started driving. I love the Fabia the most. Reliability, looks and that little bit underrated. I plan on keeping it for a few years even though its reached 130k.

Happy with how it looks so power now!

• Like 1

Cheers Dan.

Not going for wide mouth, thinking of smoothing out the number plate recess.

I other news fitted PD150 head bolts. Too early to report any difference but I will update.

• 3 weeks later...

Drove down to Tenby for a few nights. So a standard shots

0210F2C0-7BD8-48D6-80D0-D71FF798A776-103

27A25311-7315-4CEB-A008-C24099E5B193-103

Car has be faultless lately. Returned 420 miles to a tank. Coolant problems solved *touchwood.

Then my missus broke the passenger side window motor. So that's my priority.

Next month FMIC fitting and possibly fit the PD130.

Also purchased some Octavia vrs rear callipers, discs and pads for £50.

Shame I got another drivers side motor in the house from when mine went and they sent me for an older model. Its a pretty simple job though mate just took me 3 times to get the correct one on ebay.

Thanks Gents.

When the button is pressed I can hear the motor attempting to do something. It's takes the window down but won't push the window up? Good job it's warm weather.

Mine did that, it's the regulator. It was ****ing down when mine broke! I had to duck tape my window shut.

You can get repair kit on eBay for around £20.

• 1 month later...

*blow off the dust*

Where were we?

Fixed the window regulator, well I attempted it and failed took it to the garage and they were not impressed actual words "if the other one goes, do not bring it back here!"… ok then.

After that, I had a spur of the moment thought of selling up. Living only 6 miles from work, I just couldn't justify keeping a diesel. I fancied something Jap and preferably RWD. Had a few people come to view it Etc and even when speaking with these people I just couldn't understand why I was selling it. Also some people where making totally stupid offers.

So I decided to keep it.

Slight change of plans. I am not going for speed or power as I use it all for 6 miles to and from work, in rush hour....I don't get over 40mph so what is the point in big power.

Plans.

Lower

New wheels

Respray/ maybe a front end respray

Interior - new seats of some sort

And keep it in good nick.

Over and out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So winter mode.

Sold the TT Comps. Loved those wheels, complimented the Fabia well in an understated kind of way. But a change was needed few too many people running them now.

Standard wheels are on, never realised the ride difference in 16"s wow. 195/45/16 tyres so comfortable.

I've now got two sets of Porsche wheels in my possession. Polished D90's and 17" boxster twists. A bit of parts gathering over the winter few niggles to sort out. House hunting too, garage is a priority.

Anyway. Enough talk pics.

69e1f3bade296cda55c82e082ea4d7f5_zpsb197

Bye comps.

5810112df45c75ba11da7699bd40d002_zpsbb29