Octavia Vrs le insurance

Hi Folks

A wee question has jumped into my head.

To those members who own mk2 pre fl le Octavia's did you tell insurance that it is a ltd edition as when I gave reg number to insurance company they said it was a 2.0 diesel and didn't mention ltd edition.

I didn't say at this time as it was only the Skoda 7day free ins so I could tax car but when I go to insure it properly I don't know what to say .

It's a small thing that could give the insurance company an out if there is a claim.

Sorry for long winded message.

Regards whoosh

I don't see why the limited edition would make such a vast increase anyway?

If they don't say " oh it's not coming up with anything on my computer for that reg" then no need to say. When Skoda produce them and a dealer first registers it thats the people who either say or don't say about the extra words in the description.

Basically don't worry about it, they have all the info their bothered about, I know of many who declare mods and it doesn't really affect the price just for policy specifics in case of claim.

Do you mean the blackline special edition?

If so you don't need to make a big deal over it - just tell them you've got leather and nav.

If its the limited edition from 2009 then definitely tell them as there were only 500 made and they're harder to come by

I don't see why the limited edition would make such a vast increase anyway?

If they don't say " oh it's not coming up with anything on my computer for that reg" then no need to say. When Skoda produce them and a dealer first registers it thats the people who either say or don't say about the extra words in the description.

Basically don't worry about it, they have all the info their bothered about, I know of many who declare mods and it doesn't really affect the price just for policy specifics in case of claim.

When my brother rolled his Peugeot ten years ago his insurers fixed it but weren't going to replace the damaged alloys because they said that his model didn't come with alloys (it did and he proved it so they replaced the two damaged ones). On the same basis, if someone with a 'blackline' insured their car as a standard model an the head unit was stolen, I'd expect the insurers to simply put a bolero in, rather than the Amundsen thingy.......

I think you'll find that both are specific models in their own right-I know the blackline is as it says so on the.v5 plus my insurance company knew what it was when I rang up for a quote. My dealer also told me that the manufacturer has to tell the insurance companies about special/limited editions so you'll need to tell them it's an LE, otherwise they'll think it's a bogstandard vRS. If they choose to ignore what you tell them then at least you've told them. As an afterthought what does it say on the v5? It probably won't make any difference to the premium, but that's not the point IMO as you don't want to give them any wriggle room if the worst happens and you have an accident.

As I understand it the V5s have a mish-mash of blackline, b-line, and simply VRS. That's within a sample of people who have (to the best of their knowledge) one of the original 500

Thanks folks I've not got the doc yet as dvla have it so my plate can be changed and apparently will have it for a while as they have a back log (different thread altogether ).

Will post an answer when I get doc and speak with my insurance

Regards whoosh

never had any problem insuring my 09 le. came up as le and that's what they told me so I just said yes. only have one mod as they call it. changed out the cr@ppy Monza's & they charged more so will try out the sponsors this year

As I understand it the V5s have a mish-mash of blackline, b-line, and simply VRS. That's within a sample of people who have (to the best of their knowledge) one of the original 500

LOL If it's correct that wouldn't surprise me!

Ouch!

I have an LE and I have found that often the comparison sites either don't offer the option of selecting an LE or they do but when you click through to the insurer that information is lost.

I think the lesson is to always check the insurer's website policy details, after all it is them you are making a contract with and not the comparison site.

Dan

Thanks for all the replies .

I contacted my insurance LV and when given the reg it popped up as an le and I was then told I was due a refund ( previous car was a modified mk1 fabia Vrs)

Regards whoosh

All the comparison sites I've ever used have listed mine as an LE just from the registration number. I really don't think it makes any difference in terms of premiums, although in theory an LE may have a slightly higher resale value against a non-LE pre-FL 09 plate but I wouldn't have thought it would be huge.