After half the dealers I visited said they couldn't order one... I finally managed to find a dealer who did me a good deal and let me order one before June. In fact, just got the phone call today saying it's now on the system.

On order for delivery mid August

2.0 CR TDI DPF Elegance Combi (manual) in Corrida red and black interior, with the following options;

Bi-xenons

LED rear lights

Sunset Glass

Columbus

Canton Sound System

Towbar prep

Winter Pack (heated seats, heated windscreen, heated washers)

Boot Net Program-me

Electric Boot Door

Sport Suspension

• Like 3

What sort of discount did you manage? :)

Nothing special. The Exeo has dumped a lot of value over the year, so I'm in neg equity on the finance. The dealer is paying it off and taking the car off me. Which gave me no wiggle room on any discount. £500 towards the deposit and 3 yrs free servicing (which are the standard sweeteners at the mo.)

After half the dealers I visited said they couldn't order one... I finally managed to find a dealer who did me a good deal and let me order one before June. In fact, just got the phone call today saying it's now on the system.

On order for delivery mid August

2.0 CR TDI DPF Elegance Combi (manual) in Corrida red and black interior, with the following options;

Bi-xenons

LED rear lights

Sunset Glass

Columbus

Canton Sound System

Towbar prep

Winter Pack (heated seats, heated windscreen, heated washers)

Boot Net Program-me

Electric Boot Door

Sport Suspension

There's some great options in that spec. I would like to see a pic of the combi in red before making my mind up. I didn't know that the electric boot door was available?

On the Combi yeah. Just reading through the manual now. God skoda are good at hiding things on their website.

http://ws.skoda-auto...wnersManual.pdf

I didn't see the option in the brochure but then come to think of it the launch brochure is hatch only. How much is it and how does it operate? Thanks

£300. You can open and close the boot (not just pop it but fully open) by the keyfob, button in the dash or button on the tailgate inner/handle

Very nice, I like it but a bit rich for me. As others have said you can easily spec an Octy 3 Combi Elegance up to £28k.

I just got one up to nearly 33k, bonkers for a Skoda. You can get a 1.8 TFSi A4 Avant S line Black Edition with a few nice options for about that money

Yeah with configurator, that was putting everything you could throw at it, was a DSG by the way too. Just shocking as that really is high spec Audi money.

My old man has an A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSi 180 SE with 6k of options on it and it wasnt barely any more expensive; just defies logic.....though appreciably if you'd ticked every box on the Audi it'd probably been nearer 40k!

Nearest spec (well some options I couldn't get on The A4) I could get an A4 Avant to mine was £37k ?

When you look at what you get for your money compared to other similar cars... the Octy Combi is still good value.

• Like 1

I just got one up to nearly 33k, bonkers for a Skoda. You can get a 1.8 TFSi A4 Avant S line Black Edition with a few nice options for about that money

I dont think 33k is bonkers for something of this quality and size, thats also fully loaded. The A4 was coming in at a smidge over £37,000 for me and I know it may be an unbelievable suggestion but maybe not everyone prefers/wants the Audi?! ;)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well that was short lived.... I'm not getting the Skoda after all. My father has taken over the Octy order, and I'm picking up a brand new A6 Sline Avant with heated seats and DAB next week.

I stupidly called into Bradford Audi last week and they offered me a silly high discount on a stock order. So I snapped there hands off.

Well that was short lived.... I'm not getting the Skoda after all. My father has taken over the Octy order, and I'm picking up a brand new A6 Sline Avant with heated seats and DAB next week.

Great choice, that's exactly the car I have and cost about the same as your spec octavia, a complete no brainier as the A6 is literally a class above the octavia.

I dont think 33k is bonkers for something of this quality and size, thats also fully loaded. The A4 was coming in at a smidge over £37,000 for me and I know it may be an unbelievable suggestion but maybe not everyone prefers/wants the Audi?! ;)

anyone whose prepared to stick approx 12k of options on an Octavia either has money to fritter away or needs their head read sorry. If were talking dropping that sort of money on a car not in a million years would I be buying a Skoda regardless of how good I think they are, would make absolutely no economical sense at all.

I think it's down to brands 40k audi is ok 33k skoda is not

But this is missing the point ,if skoda want to carry on being a force in the car industry they have to move on up the ladder and that means better and better products and hopefully in the future be on a level pegging with VW or even certain audi cars !!

Certain people 10 years ago wouldn't go near a skoda me inc,but they make a good product at a competitive price

My view only lol

• Like 1

I think it's down to brands 40k audi is ok 33k skoda is not

But this is missing the point ,if skoda want to carry on being a force in the car industry they have to move on up the ladder and that means better and better products and hopefully in the future be on a level pegging with VW or even certain audi cars !!

Certain people 10 years ago wouldn't go near a skoda me inc,but they make a good product at a competitive price

My view only lol

agree but its only in recent years they have become an accepted mainstream manufacturer; and most of this is down to them producing budget (and generally more practical) versions of VW's own cars and then offering huge discounts on their already relatively acceptable list prices.

A step too far potentially methinks.

Edited by pipsyp

agree but its only in recent years they have become an accepted mainstream manufacturer; and most of this is down to them producing budget (and generally more practical) versions of VW's own cars and then offering huge discounts on their already relatively acceptable list prices.

A step too far potentially methinks.

Having owned Skoda's since the Felicia in the mid nineties they have manufactured cheaper equivalent models using parts from the VAG parts bin but they haven't always offered huge discounts on the already lower list prices. The VAT free campaign is a relatively new ( approx 4 years) probably to try to expand their Market share with an older model range, the Octavia their best selling model being a good 4 years old at the time.