Annoying Car and Dealers!

So yeah, I've taken my car in to change the sensor and guess what... cos there's no evidence its broken, they literally just looked at in and gave it a clean bill of health.

Checked the lumpy idle... surprise surprise, it hasn't appeared when they had it.

Same with the rattles..

I live with the dam thing every day so I know what I can hear and feel!

My MDI cable is a USB one and I was told when the car was delivered that it would work with my ipod so they swapped it so I could use USB sticks as well. Guess what... it doesn't!

So i asked for my Ipod one back and they won't swap it back even though they gave me wrong info..

Add insult to injury.. today.. Checked my spare wheel took kit and its missing the little wheel nut cap pliers... phoned them up and they said.. 'sorry sir, its not included'.

How the hell are you meant to change your wheel at the side of the road without it then? There reply: 'Use a screwdriver'

I said, i've tried that on old cars and its snapped them... they should put that in the manual.. 'please provide own screwdriver for your 17 grand VRS in case of a puncture'

Well annoyed! Some may call me tight for not buying one as they are cheap as chips but that's not the point!

P.s.. anyone want to swap a USB MDI cable for a Ipod one?

:)

I'm not complaining to be spiteful as the sales guy in there was really nice and helpful. It was Vindis Skoda in Bury St Edmunds.

I just don't believe that Skoda would not give you the tool from factory to put some stupid plastic caps off. It would mean that every time you have a puncture, you would have to destroy the caps to get the wheel off and if you didn't have a screwdriver handy, you would be screwed unless you have fingers like eagle claws.

The MDI cable is just annoying as I only accepted it as I was told that it would work with my ipod as well. I'm not minted, so 40 odd quid for a genuine one is a waste of valuable money.

I have put a claim in with Skoda UK though and they are sorting it out.

Cheers for the suggestion, I tried that and it said it didn't recognize the media interface. By all means if you know otherwise please let me know as it might be my ipod!!!

Its working fine everywhere else and sync's to my computer so I don't think its my ipod connection.

:)

USB is for sticks (and some phones); for iPhones etc, you need the iPhone cable or (as I do) stream it via Bluetooth. I didn't realise until recently that you can have one device connected for the telephone and another for the Media Player function. That means the works Nokia stays connected for the phone part, and I'm streaming audio from my (personal) iPhone..

Bought mine from Vindis in Cambridge and didn't get a bolt cover remove either- infact I got the same 'sorry it's not included' response when I asked them send me one.

Other that than they were brilliant.

The tool does come with the spare wheel kit. Some dealers just want the cash and you out the door with you only coming back to spend more cash.

The problem with warranty claims is that they need to be submitted with evidence to support the claim, if it's a sensor then Skoda will need the diagnostic report. If when tested the sensor is behaving itself, the dealer will not get paid by Skoda for replacing it.

As said the Nut Cover remover/tweezers comes with the Spare Wheel, Jack, Locking Wheel nut socket,

Strange for them to say that it does not.

People that do not have them do sometimes pinch them from cars at garages, but that should not happen with a new car,

unless in the Showroom before delivery.

george

Bought mine from Vindis in Cambridge and didn't get a bolt cover remove either- infact I got the same 'sorry it's not included' response when I asked them send me one.

Thats where i got my VRS from, tweezers included with my spare wheel. Excellent dealer.

Thanks guys! Apart from that, they are brilliant and I have no problems with the dealer at all.

Just two little things really.

Rattles can be hit and miss as well I know.

I just want my tweezers and MDI cable really. The rest can be sorted when the problems arise.

Regards

Oliver

When checking my car over there wasn't any tweezers, however there was a wire hook in the tool kit the sales guy said you used to hook around the plastic cover to remove. Look like a key ring that had been bent to me but if it works...

I think your getting confused.. from what i gather.. (see the manual) that bent wire is designed to take the centre cap off. If you have a look at your manual it confirms this. If you look, it even states in there that you have to use the tweezers to pull the nut caps off.

You should ring up and complain as well! I did and they are sending me some free of charge. Hopefully getting back my MDI cable on Monday as well! Happy days!

• 2 months later...

Vindis Cambridge stole my tweezers.