this hmmmmmm is annoying

Hi guys. On my vrs after hitting 25 mph and iveri inherit a hmmmm if u dip the clutch it stays there. I have checked all drivetain. Wheels and tyres and all seems ok. Ive had it since i bought the carand i have dun 3k in it and the hmmm has got ever so slightly louder but its just diin my head in. Ive already changed the wheel bearing thubking it could be that but nope i was wrong. Has anyone else had this situation at all. Thanks

Blindly replacing parts without proper diagnosis isn't the way to go. People often tell you 'if it gets louder turning one way it must be x side'. They're wrong. You can damage either side of the race on a bearing. Get the other one checked and eliminate it properly. After that rotate your tyres (V or directional tread?), check your discs and pads and get the tracking/balance checked by somewhere that doesn't just check toe.

i've got the same problem and its the rear tires, going to get the balance re checked this weekend just to make sure that is ok but they hum quite loudly between 40 and 60ish mph, wheel bearings have been checked and are ok.

Maye wheel balance will not cause the rear tyres to hmmm that it either a stepped tyre on the inside or it has fone out off shape

Thanks for the advice guys. Wen i bought it i had wheel wobble wen breaking and found that my discs and pads all round was shot aswell as havin play in my bearing so i changedthem all then was great but at 60mph i found a small wobble i. The steering wheel. But not a bad enuff wobble on the wheels itself. So i had a luk dismornin and found two balancing weights missing off the o/s/f wheel. And rubbing my hand on the o/s/r tyre i found a slight flat spot but i cant see tgat creating a hmmmm.

Mine hums at motorway speeds. Ive put it down to the ditch finders the previous owner put on. But i will soon be replacing them with falken 914's. Tyres can make such a difference. I had the same issue with my micra managed to quiet it down....then i fitted a cat c rally spec induction kit :)

I had the same problem. A humming and a tapping on the the floor. Turned out to be my 2 front tyres. I just bought 4 new ones and put them all on at once. I got contisport 2s and now it runs like a dream and sticks to the road very well.

Mick.

i've got the same problem and its the rear tires, going to get the balance re checked this weekend just to make sure that is ok but they hum quite loudly between 40 and 60ish mph, wheel bearings have been checked and are ok.

I'd double check wheel bearings mate ...a Skoda technician diagnosed no problems with my wheel bearings after a comprehensive and rather expensive vehicle exam. Took it to a local indy and guess what... 30mins later wheel bearing replaced and problem solved.