Fabia and rcd310

Hi everyone.

I've fitted the rcd310 from a new golf into my fabia vrs.

Everything seems to work fine apart from the volume scroll on the steering wheel controls. Will I have to live with this or can it be altered using the vcds?

Also what have people done dab aerial wise with good results?

Depending on what's fitted to your car, it should just be a VCDS tweak, on my Superb when I fitted the columbus it was just a case of changing the coding to use BAP iirc for the steering wheel controls to work with it.

Thanks for the reply.

It's a vw headunit but is apparently almost identical to the swing out of the fabia.

Is there anyone with vcds in the Mansfield/Notts that could help me out? - it also appears the volume doesn't mute whilst reversing with sensors as per the swing.

I'm looking at retro fitting a vw dab aerial but there are so many different types. Apparently some of the newer vws have them in the wing mirrors - does anyone have experience of this.

• 9 months later...

The latest T5 Transporter has a film aerial that sticks onto the mirror glass, but it's the shape for that mirror so I doubt it would fit.

The £20 film aerial from Halfords is pretty good, other than that there is another thread on DAB aerials with a couple of VW part numbers.

I'm running a VW RCD 510 DAB in my Scout and using the Halfords Film aerial. Fitted for the last 6 months and the Halfords aerial has done a fantastic job, reception is great. Mines mounted running the cable up the left A Pillar trim and stuck to the upper left corner of the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Never sorted the volume control on the steering wheel - both skoda and vw claim it can't be done as the vw steering wheel has buttons for volume. I must admit I've got used to changing volume by the headunit, a small price to pay for dab.

Bull on the part of the dealers, my rcd510 worked perfectly with the retrofitted mfsw. Skoda claimed it was impossible to retrofit maxidot and an mfsw, Eddie-nl did it in under 2 hours including some tweaks and testing :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk