Hello from Yorkshire

FlintstoneR1

Hello Skoda fans!

I've been recommended to come here by an existing member and I must say from what I've seen so far of zones like the Technical info section - this seems to be an excellent forum.

I'm about to become the owner of a 2010 Yeti 2.0TDI CR S+. I've been an admirer of these cars for some time, but only recently has it become sensible to consider swapping my Renault Grand Scenic (2005) 1.9dCi, 144,000 miles for a Yeti, as I no longer need the seven seats of the Scenic and can live with the loss of 6" of load space length ( I hope!). My other half will be the main driver of the Yeti and she likes it - so it's a reality at last!

Timing also feels right with the Yeti claiming No. 1 spot in Auto Express Driver Power best car to own for the 2nd year running!.

As mentioned in my profile, I also spent three years co-driving Felicias in the Skoda Trophy rally series, 97 to 99 (?) from recall. Really enjoyed that, winning best rookie for my driver the first year, then most improved driver (different driver), the following year, when I think we finished in 5th place in the championship in '99, culminating in a run on Wales Rally GB (blew up spectacularly in Resolven! After the fan belt broke, so no water pump!). Those were cracking little cars, even if you did wish for a bit more grunt up the hills - but boy were they quick with a bit of gravity assistance.

Spotted a number of active rally folk in here already, chunkymonkey, Llanigraham, A6TDH, etc. So feel as if I'm amongst friends right away! Anyone in here from Brookroyd Garage?

The Yeti technical section looks great for what I need right now, so I'll enjoy browsing some of the other zones in due course.

I've discovered someone already has the name "Flintstone" in here. So I'll be "Flintstone R1" if that's OK and not too confusing? I'd quite like to hang onto the moniker, as it's also the name I'm known as in "another place", and was originally given to me by the late Rob Arthur (co-driver to folk like, Tony Pond, Jimmy McRae, etc.). When I competed as Fred F on a foot rally in a place called Thames Ditton, Surrey.

When time permits, I'll scan a Felicia trophy photo and use that to replace the Integrale I'm currently using as my member photo.....

Edited by FlintstoneR1

Welcome, I too am from Yorkshire and have Visited Brookroyds on several occasions.

I'e had a few cars off them when they were in Hampswaite

" are you local to Brookroyds "

I do deliveries for hampswaite they just sell too end German cars now have a nice selection lol

• 2 weeks later...

Have just bought some new roof bars for the Yeti from Caffyns, plus some sill protectors and chrome tail pipe add-ons from Rainworth. Some practical stuff and a little bit of bling! Had the car a fortnight now, so confident it should be a "keeper".

Even fitted a grandfather clock in on Sat, on its way to the Auction. Didn't think it would fit with the loss of the extra 6" of boot length compared to its predecessor Grand Scenic, but with the spare wheel removed and the passenger seat folded fully forward it fitted a doddle! 10/10 Yeti then.

Car now has a name: "Sergei the Yeti" thanks to my 16-year old daughter. Its a reference to its registration!

Fred