Will UKIP make large council election gains?

The Coalition Government are mid way through this parliament and that is when the public will let them know what they think of them. I know quite a few people who are going to vote UKIP as a 'protest' vote because they are peed off with the other parties.

Personally I don't think councils should be associated to any political parties. Councillors should be there to do the best for the area they are working for. politics usually f**ks everything up.

• Like 1

Farage is hopeful, but I think most tory seats are safe.

Personally I see Labour making significant gains.

UKIP are and will strip the Con-Dems of around a quarter of their support and this will mean the Cons and the Dems will lose several councils which will go to No Overall Control mostly.

Swing to Labour is around 6% from the Cons but UKIP has taken twice, three or four times from the Cons is the main.

Dems will be virtual wiped our a certainly be down in 4th place of overall votes.

One of UKIP posters in Worcester was very neatly edited over to say BNP, looked quite professionally done.

I for one will be voting for UKip ! I've had enough of these other numpties that tend to fek everything up

Not Plaid? That is the Welsh Independancy Party.

We didn't have a UKIP candidate (not that that would have changed my vote) - just a BNP one, an independent and the three main parties.

With that choice, either the independant needs to be credible or you write "None of the above" on the ballot". Ok, election rules mean it gets treated as a spoilt paper, but with any luck Polling Agents for the 3 main parties see it or at least hear about it.

Not Plaid? That is the Welsh Independancy Party.

I've always voted plaid but they haven't really been as good for Wales as I thought they would , however UKip are really going to change the political map of the uk

Shame it will not be a change for the better (imvho) :D

Chris

I understand your skepticism I really do but its not like the other lot have done anything remotely to change anything for the better(IMHO) we are due a radical change in this country , I for one welcome change :)

I understand your skepticism I really do but its not like the other lot have done anything remotely to change anything for the better(IMHO) we are due a radical change in this country , I for one welcome change :)

Like his kind before, Oswald Mosley, Enoch Powell, he will gain many followers and it looks like he will tear apart the Cons so that is a good thing.

Member of the East India club, son of a stock broker like Cameron, just a darker shade of blue.

Like his kind before, Oswald Mosley, Enoch Powell, he will gain many followers and it looks like he will tear apart the Cons so that is a good thing.

Member of the East India club, son of a stock broker like Cameron, just a darker shade of blue.

Yes most if not all have a silver spoon up their bottoms, however Enoch Powell has been proven right all along

UKIP seem to have done well as a protest vote, but would anyone vote for then in a general election? I mean, they're pretty much a one-man-band and have a bit of a policy vacuum too. What if D-Cam wins the next election and gets his Europe vote? If we leave Europe will UKIP cease to exist or?

UKIP seem to have done well as a protest vote, but would anyone vote for then in a general election? I mean, they're pretty much a one-man-band and have a bit of a policy vacuum too. What if D-Cam wins the next election and gets his Europe vote? If we leave Europe will UKIP cease to exist or?

I don't think UKip will vaporise when we get a eu vote from DC IMO , they will grow to become the 3rd biggest party and shove the lib dems into the long grass, the LD's threw out any credibility they had when they became the lapdog of the Tories , massive mistake for them and they are paying the price for the joint venture and the Tories knew too well that they would also , I reckon the labour lot will join forces with UKip next time

We're a Conservative area here currently.

I think areas with high immigration will see a rise in ukip support.

I think their votes are primarily from people for whom voting BNP is taking it too

far, but they want more action on immigration side of things.

As yet that doesn't really apply here. Statistically where I live is one of the whitest

towns in the UK. I reckon here we will stay Conservative for now at least.

Once the faces in the high street on a Saturday afternoon are a wide variety of

shades then I think round here will end up the same. But for now the issue

is the 'problem' of others in their respective areas so not so emotive here.

With that choice, either the independant needs to be credible or you write "None of the above" on the ballot". Ok, election rules mean it gets treated as a spoilt paper, but with any luck Polling Agents for the 3 main parties see it or at least hear about it.

I was working last night at the local count for the council I work at, essentially it will get treated as a spoilt ballot like you say. The agents never get to see the spoilt ballot papers, since they are kept well away from the counting process. The rest of the staff are not allowed to discuss anything with them, even after the count due to election law. Therefore the spoilt paper just goes with the rest of the spoilt papers, and kept in secure storage for 12 months before being securely shredded.

I was working last night at the local count for the council I work at, essentially it will get treated as a spoilt ballot like you say. The agents never get to see the spoilt ballot papers, since they are kept well away from the counting process. The rest of the staff are not allowed to discuss anything with them, even after the count due to election law. Therefore the spoilt paper just goes with the rest of the spoilt papers, and kept in secure storage for 12 months before being securely shredded.

I've been a Count Agent before; the tellers would sometimes ask us whether or not a specific paper was a spoilt ballot or not.

Great to see the Cons have lost control of 10 councils now including Cameron's own Oxfordshire Council. They also lost Cambridgeshire, Gloucestershire, Lancashire, Warwickshire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Nottinghamshire, Isle of Wight and East Sussex.

Worcestershire still Con strong hold so a few more years of cuts for us unfortunately.

May as well not bother going to vote. It'll never get seen. Gets me as much as the "I dont vote, dont see the point" then proceed to moan about everything.

So UKIP made some ground, Grant Shapps is sucking the gov helium pipe, and in some held areas the tories are implementing cuts which would have lost them votes had the public known before hand.