Bug deflector for Yeti

jst_at_home

I'm a bit paranoid about stone chips on the bonnet and screen of my cars.

I noticed this on the Superskoda site.

Anyone got any thoughts about these?

John

post-18259-0-25934800-1368129882_thumb.jpg

Well they work to an extent but they look terrible, for a more aesthetically pleasing solution have you looked into a clear bonnet wrap?

I have seen them on a few cars and they look horrible. I have seen clear plastic across the front on bonnets on some cars, like in front of the rear wheel arches, but never seen it cut for Yeti

Well they work to an extent but they look terrible, for a more aesthetically pleasing solution have you looked into a clear bonnet wrap?

If you go down this route I suggest you have a lok at Bosfox's big fat nissan thread because the firm that plastiwrapped his made a righ mess of it. I'm not suggesting all plastiwraps are bad but if it's not done right they can ruin your paint

Please refrain from quoting a certain persons posts, I'm quite happy not seeing them. When you quote I see the rubbish he posts. Please stop.

Rant over

• Like 3

Speaking of the bonnet wraps - does any of you guys have experience with the apply-yourself ones?

A full bonnet wrap done by a company is about £400, which is about triple the price of an actual re-paint, and I'm seriously not paying that. On the other hand, I have my doubts about the wraps sold by the yard. Any pointers, please?

Edited by sheldon_cz