Travel Insurance

Booked to go with my cousins family to Bulgaria end of August. What do I need for Insurance and what one is good but not too expensive. I'm only going for a week. I also know first hand what it's like having to claim on travel insurance when I've been ill on holiday.

Prob best to go to a comparison site moneysupermarket do it. I have it through my bank account, covers things like lost luggage and illness ect, usually relatively cheap if your youngish and single trip cover.

I ended up with American Express travel insurance this year. Was the best deal for the cover I could find.

Check out whether you already have any insurance with your bank etc. I get 12 months full travel cover for illness and accident, including air ambulance if necessary, + the usual cancellation and baggage snaufs. Courtesy HSBC.

The car has a Direct Line 12 months recovery, repair, repatreation, and lots of other stuff, probably quite a lot of overlap with the bank one. I don't recall how much pa - £100?

Booked to go with my cousins family to Bulgaria end of August. What do I need for Insurance and what one is good but not too expensive. I'm only going for a week. I also know first hand what it's like having to claim on travel insurance when I've been ill on holiday.

Shop around as quotes are likely to vary alot. Then try buy through Topcashback.co.uk. I've done that for last 2 years and saved loads.

I was due to go to States a couple of years ago ,and I 'm on the insurance love to hit list. Type 2 /HBP - I found AA reasonable for me .

• Sponsor

Hi,

Feel free to give us a try if you like. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to get one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Regards,

Dan.

Is Bulgaria in the EU ? ( EHIC only valid for EU countries).

I always us any comparison site, then goto the well know big names that dont turn up on them.

I always look for a min of £5million hospital cover along with repatriation cover & try to keep excess cost down - You prob know anyway, but look closely specifically at the conditions around delayed flights, dont rely on the EU rules covering this as some may have seen that all the british charter carriers in particular ( Thomson- Monarch - Thomas Cook) are using any excuse not to cough up when they should be. Check carefully the luggage conditions as well.

EIHC is for emergency treatment but worth getting as mentioned lots of other insurers won't pay out for stuff it covers.

Even though it's not Euro's there I've been told most places accept them. You get a Lev price and a Euro price. I'll probably take £50 in each. Can't see me needing more than that given it's all inclusive,