estelle rally project

stig85

Hi all, new to this forum, and fairly new to skodas!! Anyhoo here's my newly acquired project, an 87 Estelle 105 which has previously had a half hearted attempt at becoming a rally spec car.......

IMAG0563.jpg

IMAG0571.jpg

• Like 2

I don't think it's anything close to being a rally car - it's a replica from what I've seen and what someone who went to look at it posted up on the other forum.....although the doors may come from a real rally car apparently.

Dave is your man for parts and advice and he's just down the road.....he might even have a replacement gearbox!

Edited by hawkeracing
  • Like 1

Yeah from what I've seen on the car so far its not got many trick bits on it, cool I've already sourced a gearbox for it now just in process of tidying it all up, some parts are really hard to get hold of though!! Cheers i shall have to keep Dave sweet then lol

Nice she looks good in those pics :) did it enter events? I'm from Linton Dave...

No, it was built for fast road use originally. The doors are supposedly from a genuinely rally car and should in theory be thin skinned.

Gaz shocks at about £60 a pop (I've tried Spax and Avo and neither last well although they do the job) and springs wise....depends on what you want to do. If you just want to lower it then Spax sell a set as do other places but they are still quite soft. Speedpro sell decent pairs of front springs in -35mm (rally) or -60mm (circuit). The Sport Estelles that were a dealer conversion back in the 80s had cut springs that were re-shaped and heated. It's a controversial subject but I've used rear ones with a coil cut off and they did the job and as long as you have the cut end at the top you shouldn't catch the eye of the MOT tester (who may fail it for having cut springs apparently....although Ive not come across it personally). There is a great company in Sheffield called Coilsprings UK who made springs for my car to my spec (or should I say based on the Speedpro springs!)

Edited by hawkeracing

Good save there for this example!

Body work looks pretty solid, hopefully there is not too much hidden nasties particularly under the front wings. Keep us updated on progress!

nice Estelle I have a new in wrapper roof spoiler that was fitted to the 130lr estelles back in the day would finish of your project nicely looking for it to go to a good home

£50 posted