estelle rally project

stig85

Which ones? Speedpro springs for a pair of fronts are about £70 (guesstimate) and they were -60mm (you need to space the ARB out to prevent catching at that level). The ones I had made by coilspring uk were -70mm and significantly stiffer and their standard rate is £100+VAT+postage for a pair. The rears were the same price but I don't know now how much lower than standard they are - something like -50mm, but they were the 2nd pair I had made for the rear as I devloped the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Paint code may also be on a printed label on the front bulkhead near the brake / clutch fluid reservoir - I can't remember if it is hidden behind the black plastic reservoir cover or off to the side.

Smart looking car by the way, like it lots :sun:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One thing, get the largest filters on the carbs and fit a pre filter ie KN big filters with KN foam pre filters, or get a canister and take the air feed through the back panel and to an air scoop in the rear window. Otherwise you will kill the linners and piston rings if its dusty.

One thing, get the largest filters on the carbs and fit a pre filter ie KN big filters with KN foam pre filters, or get a canister and take the air feed through the back panel and to an air scoop in the rear window. Otherwise you will kill the linners and piston rings if its dusty.

The only real way to get clean air in the forestry is like I did with mine before I added the roof scoop we would have to swap K&N filters after each stage and the chase guys would clean them as best they could (had 3 filters), after we could do a whole btrda event and the filter would just have flies in it lol

http://www.ianhardy.net/gallery/main.php/d/41343-2/north_humberside_rally_2005_0151.jpg

just used flue tube from the roof down thru the parcel shelf to the carbs, do not seal them to it tho .

with the fibreglass birdbath on the pictures from dusty events showed that the dust was being drawn up thru the vents in it from under the car at speed which wasn't ideal..

We couldn't do that as we were historic. The imps tend to run a sealed airbox off the twin webers, then a pipe runs through the bulkhead and into a round KN filter canister, then a pipe goes to the top of the rear window and into a scoop. They then change the filter at every service like you do. I tried running a filter in the rear grill (S100), but that would clog up after 6 miles on a dusty day. Anyway the car is in retirement now, so I don't have to worry about dust and water in the engine bay (that stopped us on the last Astra rally that ran).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...