9.5j et45 on the rear of a VRS estate?

Hi guys i have been looking for some new rims and frankly its wreaking me I have narrowed it down to 2 types but i like the staggered look now does anyone know if 9.5j et45 19in will fit the rear on an estate running 235/225? the car is lowered 35mm

Good luck come MOT time with tyres being stretched onto the rims. I have been hearing of mot stations failing cars with stretched tyres, due to the fact the side wall is facing the ground basically.

There is a calculator on carbibles.com that tells you the tyres you can fit to what rims legally when stretching tyres.

Can't post a link as I'm on the phone but its under the tyre section.

Good luck come MOT time with tyres being stretched onto the rims. I have been hearing of mot stations failing cars with stretched tyres, due to the fact the side wall is facing the ground basically.

not to fussed about the mot as i am in the trade and a friend does them for me who is very understanding of these issues :happy:

There is a calculator on carbibles.com that tells you the tyres you can fit to what rims legally when stretching tyres.

Can't post a link as I'm on the phone but its under the tyre section.

thanks mate i'll take a look

19mm closer to the shocker on the inside and 31mm more poke.

check how much clearance you have currently between the rim and the shock and see if you've got 19mm spare. it'll def rub the arch but you can do some minor tweaks to give you more clearance - there is a tab you can feel where the bumper joins the body - that can be removed with no problem and will give you some more space but even then i still probabaly think you'll rub unless you add some camber.

stamsaas has run something similar so it can be achieved:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/229770-the-norwegian-vrs-low-clearance/page__st__240

• Like 1

I've had 9,5x19 et45 on my combi in the previous rear wheel setup. Lowered with H&R coilovers. Only thing i had to modify was the edge of the bumper and body inside the wheel arch. I think that the wheel arch is the same in the estate and in the combi. I had 235/35R19 tyre on it and as you can see from the picture below that the stretch is minimal:

9.5_235_35_R19_Falken_452.jpg

Here's also a pic of my car with the 9,5" wheels on back:

IMG_1743.JPG

• Like 1