Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

7 hours ago, GazVRS1985 said:

It does Jamie. I couldn't see past the race blue previously but I have converted. Here she is with new rear window tints 👌

20200305_161056.jpg

Yeah really like that in black!!! That will look pretty mean at night!

Finally got my VRS petrol estate after many weeks of looking. There's literally only 2 sub 13k petrol estates nationwide on Auto Trader! plenty of diesels mind. Great condition with full Skoda history and 60k miles.

vrs.png.8e48e6477a6f30f78687934ac67de242.png

• Like 4

My lease Leon goes back on Friday, just picked up a 66 plate 1.4tsi SE Sport DSG to replace it, I'll get used to the 150bhp power deficit eventually! 🤣

sketch-1584803009167.png

• Like 3

On 17/03/2020 at 23:32, coupe69 said:

Finally got my VRS petrol estate after many weeks of looking. There's literally only 2 sub 13k petrol estates nationwide on Auto Trader! plenty of diesels mind. Great condition with full Skoda history and 60k miles.

vrs.png.8e48e6477a6f30f78687934ac67de242.png

I've been looking for a petrol DSG estate for less than £12k since Christmas, eventually had to settle for a 1.4 as I just couldn't find one anywhere! Looks tidy. 👍

1 hour ago, broona said:

I've been looking for a petrol DSG estate for less than £12k since Christmas, eventually had to settle for a 1.4 as I just couldn't find one anywhere! Looks tidy. 👍

well its a great choice and plenty of power, a good find

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, broona said:

My lease Leon goes back on Friday, just picked up a 66 plate 1.4tsi SE Sport DSG to replace it, I'll get used to the 150bhp power deficit eventually! 🤣

sketch-1584803009167.png

At least it's in Race Blue so you can imagine you still have 300bhp.;)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, broona said:

They are certainly few and far between even less when you're after one with DSG . It's in great nick, barely a scratch on it, just a shame whoever had it before decided to fit ditch finders to it! These will be replaced shortly though. Yours looks nice, cracking colour and the 1.4 engine is pretty peppy by all accounts. Look at it this way, at least now you'll be saving some money on fuel, I'm struggling to get 35mpg out of mine! 😐

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, coupe69 said:

They are certainly few and far between even less when you're after one with DSG . It's in great nick, barely a scratch on it, just a shame whoever had it before decided to fit ditch finders to it! These will be replaced shortly though. Yours looks nice, cracking colour and the 1.4 engine is pretty peppy by all accounts. Look at it this way, at least now you'll be saving some money on fuel, I'm struggling to get 35mpg out of mine! 😐

That's my Cupra mpg over the last 1500 miles, although to be fair, I've done less than 7k since I got it! 🤣

20200322_182206.jpg

20 hours ago, broona said:

That's my Cupra mpg over the last 1500 miles, although to be fair, I've done less than 7k since I got it! 🤣

Should get considerably better than that then! I'm guessing that's fairly "spirited" driving 😉

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, broona said:

20200322_182206.jpg

Compare my last 1,930 miles in 50 hours at an average 39mph and 36.9mpg in my 360bhp Superb.:biggrin:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, coupe69 said:

Should get considerably better than that then! I'm guessing that's fairly "spirited" driving 😉

Spirited and loads of short journeys. 

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Compare my last 1,930 miles in 50 hours at an average 39mph and 36.9mpg in my 360bhp Superb.:biggrin:

What a difference 13mph average speed makes! 

17 minutes ago, broona said:

Spirited and loads of short journeys. 

What a difference 13mph average speed makes! 

The roads have been so quiet recently my average has gone upto 42mph and consumption since refuelling has gone upto 39.4mpg so empty roads really do help lower consumption. Current range (66 litre tank) is indicated 620 miles and gauge on three quarters after 170 miles.

• 3 weeks later...

Tought i add my car here even if ive been on this forum for about a month already, itss

still not completely as i want it but slowly getting there 😁

Skoda Octavia 2016 vRs tdi

Had 100tkm when i bought it about a year ago, now 140tkm.

Things done to the car:

Camowrapped with 3m 1080 gloss black and gloss grey. 

Switched the mirror caps to blackmagic and the grille "surround" also. 

Tinted rear lights. 

Debadged the hatch. 

Painted front emblem with candyred

All led interior lights

Vw original led license plate lights

Osram h11 Leddriving gen2 fog and turning lights. 

Eibach Sportline springs. 

Ats Radial 19x8.5 et30 with 225/35 that ive painted with bmw a90 color (sophistogrey) 

And some small mods here and there with vcds. 

To do list:

Wrap the roof black. 

Paint new emblems black to the front and rear. 

Facelift rear lights. 

Paint the grilles and the rear "diffuser" and exhaust tips black. 

The car definitely divides opinions but hey, its built for me, never tought i would wrap a car 😁 atleast its easy to find from the parkinglots now 😂

IMG_20200411_063512.jpg

IMG_20200411_063656.jpg

IMG_20200411_063611.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, The_NicNic said:

Tought i add my car here even if ive been on this forum for about a month already, itss

Things done to the car:

Tinted rear lights. 

Debadged the hatch. 

All led interior lights

Ats Radial 19x8.5 et30 with 225/35 that ive painted with bmw a90 color (sophistogrey) 

To do list:

Wrap the roof black. 

Facelift rear lights. 

The car definitely divides opinions but hey, its built for me, never tought i would wrap a car 😁 atleast its easy to find from the parkinglots now 😂

IMG_20200411_063512.jpg

IMG_20200411_063656.jpg

IMG_20200411_063611.jpg

I like it because your mods are done for yourself not for resale. Most people worry about warranty claims or insurance so it's good to see someone brave enough to think sod it I'm going for it. Certainly makes a statement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/04/2020 at 05:33, The_NicNic said:

Things done to the car:

Tinted rear lights. 

Debadged the hatch. 

All led interior lights

To do list:

Wrap the roof black. 

Facelift rear lights. 

IMG_20200411_063512.jpg

IMG_20200411_063656.jpg

IMG_20200411_063611.jpg

I like it!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My first VAG.

Always had Renaultsports/Hondas/BMWs before (few other random things in between). My last honda Fn2 got stolen so needed something to replace and something a bit more practical and grown up. I refuse to get DERV so found this facelifted Tsi 230. Manual gearbox, candy white, leather/alcantara heated seats with red stitching, canton sound system, winter pack, blah blah etc

Good car, decent on fuel, cheap tax, loads of parts, warranty, nippy enough and cheap (in comparison to others).

Had a few niggles, but it's serving me well.

Standard VRS 230 model (no diff 😞 .........yet 😁)

H&R springs

Whiteline rear ARB

19" Autec wizards

235 35 19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports

Rieger front and rear splitters

White/black Skoda and VRS badges

Gloss 245 grille and surround

Black mirror caps

Black spoiler cap

Machine polished and ceramic coated

Few cosmetic tweaks here and there

IMG_20200426_162445_230.jpg

IMG_20200426_170226_917.jpg

IMG_20200426_191353_972.jpg

Edited by DC04R
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, DC04R said:

My first VAG.

Always had Renaultsports/Hondas/BMWs before (few other random things in between). My last honda Fn2 got stolen so needed something to replace and something a bit more practical and grown up. I refuse to get DERV so found this facelifted Tsi 230.

Good car, decent on fuel, cheap tax, loads of parts, warranty, nippy enough and cheap (in comparison to others).

Had a few niggles, but it's serving me well.

Standard VRS 230 model (no diff 😞 .........yet 😁)

H&R springs

Whiteline rear ARB

19" Autec wizards

235 35 19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports

Rieger front and rear splitters

White/black Skoda and VRS badges

Gloss 245 grille and surround

Black mirror caps

Black spoiler cap

Machine polished and ceramic coated

Few cosmetic tweaks here and there

IMG_20200426_162445_230.jpg

IMG_20200426_170226_917.jpg

IMG_20200426_191353_972.jpg

Nice mods I can tell it's very shiny. Good work. I tried to get the 230 stickers for my 245 after I went stage 1. I wanted to rearrange the numbers to show the new power figure of 3..0..2 bhp but the Dealer wouldn't sell them to me. Miserable gits.

• Like 1

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

Nice mods I can tell it's very shiny. Good work. I tried to get the 230 stickers for my 245 after I went stage 1. I wanted to rearrange the numbers to show the new power figure of 3..0..2 bhp but the Dealer wouldn't sell them to me. Miserable gits.

These are copies off ebay mate, the seller might be able to help you Same size as oem and seem decent quality too. Got them the same colour to match the wheels.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DC04R said:

These are copies off ebay mate, the seller might be able to help you Same size as oem and seem decent quality too. Got them the same colour to match the wheels.

Doesn't matter now the 336bhp stage 2 Vrs245 made way for my stage 1 4WD Superb 272 with an even more healthy 360bhp.:devil:

• Like 1

Do like those superbs, lot of car for the money.

I'm more into my little go karts I've realised though. Last car I had for a few months after the civic got robbed was a 1.6 133bhp Twingo RS and it was brilliant! So good in fact I've told my brother to sell it back to me when he's done with it ha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DC04R said:

Do like those superbs, lot of car for the money.

I'm more into my little go karts I've realised though. Last car I had for a few months after the civic got robbed was a 1.6 133bhp Twingo RS and it was brilliant! So good in fact I've told my brother to sell it back to me when he's done with it ha

I know what you mean the most exciting car I ever drove only had 115bhp. Peugeot 205GTi 1.6 litre circa 1988.:thumbup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I know what you mean the most exciting car I ever drove only had 115bhp. Peugeot 205GTi 1.6 litre circa 1988.:thumbup:

had a few of those rippers back in the early 2000's! 1.9 GTi though with a massive 130 bhp, ha. Still the scariest throttle response and snappiest rear ever and felt like a bean can.

Edited by DC04R
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DC04R said:

had a few of those rippers back in the early 2000's! 1.9 GTi though with a massive 130 bhp, ha. Still the scariest throttle response and snappiest rear ever and felt like a bean can.

Yeah funny how a few more horses made it a hedge magnet.