Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

Another 245 vRS 'edition' in meteor grey, it's an '18 plate with DCC. Picked it up on Wednesday and been busy with VCDS, current tally is:

- Cornering fogs
- Traffic sign recognition
- High beam assist (with memory)
- Refuel volume
- Highway and rain AFS modes
- Virtual sub/surround
- Offroad mode display
- Fan speed in auto mode
- No driving mode LED
- Easy entry

I've also ordered a 'highline' rear view camera and a virtual cluster to retrofit in the coming weeks ;)

Obligatory pic:

image.png.677e18f23c9ef6637b61ac00de8a2f4b.png

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Another 245 vRS 'edition' in meteor grey, it's an '18 plate with DCC. Picked it up on Wednesday and been busy with VCDS, current tally is:

- Cornering fogs
- Traffic sign recognition
- High beam assist (with memory)
- Refuel volume
- Highway and rain AFS modes
- Virtual sub/surround
- Offroad mode display
- Fan speed in auto mode
- No driving mode LED
- Easy entry

I've also ordered a 'highline' rear view camera and a virtual cluster to retrofit in the coming weeks ;)

Obligatory pic:

image.png.677e18f23c9ef6637b61ac00de8a2f4b.png

Looks good. What's high beam assist? I'm assuming there are a lot of hidden features that can be unlocked with this VCDS thingy. 

2 minutes ago, phil7 said:

Looks good. What's high beam assist? I'm assuming there are a lot of hidden features that can be unlocked with this VCDS thingy. 

If I remember correctly, high beam assist shows as "light assist" in the headunit menus. It basically turns the main/high beam on and off when the front facing camera detects other cars.

There are certainly a few things that can be enabled or tweaked depending on the original spec of the car. Given you're in Wales, I'd suggest you give @SashaGrace a shout as she knows here way round these cars very well :)

• Like 3

I really should remember how long it takes to get from one end of Wales to the other... :D

Newport is almost the same travelling time from here as it is Bangor. Might be worth checking the VCDS owners map for someone closer?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, langers2k said:

I really should remember how long it takes to get from one end of Wales to the other... :D

Newport is almost the same travelling time from here as it is Bangor. Might be worth checking the VCDS owners map for someone closer?

Have you got easy entry working over the radio? I managed it on a Superb but it doesn’t seem to take on every car. If you need the coding please pm me :) 

E2D37C40-50F8-4CDC-83FB-A8ED4630CF95.thumb.jpeg.c92578da773937669981b13836d502e4.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

owned this 68 plate petrol VRS for about 18 months but thought that it was worthy of sharing now I have the badges and grill sorted...

in an ideal world I’d like to get lowering springs and wheels with a slightly wider offset but holding off to see if I’m tempted by the new vrs wagon...

also, has anyone had the issue below and know the best fix? (Front wing trim blistering and peeling off)

C2E64010-4906-4F02-AAC8-9B0C3291DD9F.jpeg

7F744E3C-6956-478B-BF11-64E4FB3EB338.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Jacob87 said:

owned this 68 plate petrol VRS for about 18 months but thought that it was worthy of sharing now I have the badges and grill sorted...

in an ideal world I’d like to get lowering springs and wheels with a slightly wider offset but holding off to see if I’m tempted by the new vrs wagon...

also, has anyone had the issue below and know the best fix? (Front wing trim blistering and peeling off)

C2E64010-4906-4F02-AAC8-9B0C3291DD9F.jpeg

7F744E3C-6956-478B-BF11-64E4FB3EB338.jpeg

I'd be taking that back to Skoda 

41 minutes ago, Jacob87 said:

Thanks. Good point. That’s an embarrassingly obvious first port of call 😂

To be fair it's worth asking if anyone else has experienced this on here. 

For what it's worth, my 17 plate hasn't got any flaking yet. 

New owner of a 2019 Black estate 1.0 DSG SE Technology. No mods so far, but it did come with a full size spare wheel and I've managed to fit the Latest euro (32MB card only) map onto the 16GB card that it came with and is working fine. From the number of mods I've seen so far on this forum, it looks like I'll be busy for a while ;) 

• Like 1

Enjoy the new car. Is the 16GB card you mention the standard size? I have a 2019 Scout, but when I last did the map update, I only loaded the smaller map. as I thought the one that asked for a 32GB would be too big for it.

On 31/10/2020 at 12:33, rogerdyer said:

Enjoy the new car. Is the 16GB card you mention the standard size? I have a 2019 Scout, but when I last did the map update, I only loaded the smaller map. as I thought the one that asked for a 32GB would be too big for it.

Thank you. The 16GB card is the Skoda one that came with the car. I just downloaded the large map to see how large it was and was surprised that it was only 14GB when uncompressed. Elsewhere on the forum it has been said that the Amundsen units require the original Skoda SD card as there is a hidden partition and my SD card happened to be 14.8GB in size, so I copied off the original files (in case I messed it all up, so I had something to go back to), then deleted them all from the card and copied on the maps directory from the updated map download. I believe from other posts on the forum, that if you can get an original Skoda 32GB card, then the latest map can just be copied to it and it will work and I seem to remember a list of part numbers being provided somewhere in a post, but can't find it at the moment. Hopefully your 16GB card will have enough space on it like mine did, but I am no expert on this by any means as this was my first attempt on my first car that has a built in satnav. ;)

Howdy.

New to forum, needed a couple of guides for some bits so signed up.

20 Plate Octavia SE Technology (company car) - sadly, couldn't wait long enough for the new shape Octavia as lease was well past on the previous company car. 

I kind of chose the colour on a bit of a whim, and I'm really not a massive fan of it - we were literally just having a baby around the time that I had to choose a car so went with the largest car I could for the lowest amount of BIK tax. 

After the factory build missed a couple of bits I added, Ive subsequently had the window tints added by a third party (Global Tint) which are darker than the factory spec, but I really like this as I am putting a lot of work bits in the boot.

The rest of it couldn't be retro-fitted, so the BIK was subesquently reduced as it came in at less the value that was originally intended. If this had been my car and not a company car, I'd be pretty annoyed about this, but a degree of control is taken away from us being company car drivers. 

Would really like to put the VRS steering wheel on it as I much prefer the feel of it over the stock one. 

IMG_0265 copy.jpg

IMG_7582 copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2020 at 15:23, growntree said:

Thank you. The 16GB card is the Skoda one that came with the car. I just downloaded the large map to see how large it was and was surprised that it was only 14GB when uncompressed. Elsewhere on the forum it has been said that the Amundsen units require the original Skoda SD card as there is a hidden partition and my SD card happened to be 14.8GB in size, so I copied off the original files (in case I messed it all up, so I had something to go back to), then deleted them all from the card and copied on the maps directory from the updated map download. I believe from other posts on the forum, that if you can get an original Skoda 32GB card, then the latest map can just be copied to it and it will work and I seem to remember a list of part numbers being provided somewhere in a post, but can't find it at the moment. Hopefully your 16GB card will have enough space on it like mine did, but I am no expert on this by any means as this was my first attempt on my first car that has a built in satnav. ;)

Many thanks for the info, updated again with the "big" map download, and bingo, just as you said, it fits!!

New Skoda owner here in Catalunya, Spain. Just got our 2019 model year (dealer says it rolled off the factory line around April-May 2020) Octavia MkIII combi (station wagon) "Scout" all-wheel-drive.

We chose the Octavia Scout for it's good driving characteristics, fantastic history and longevity, mated with all wheel drive and slightly higher (17cm) ground clearance as we're hikers and do go onto unpaved roads at times. (Though a nice little old Catalan lady in the hills did suggest that we not try one particular road, as she said that the ruts in the road are too deep for this car. We respected her guidance).

Basic infotainment system (is that what's called "Bolero"? Sorry for my ignorance; I've found Skoda's marketing information, catalogs, even the owner's manual, well, less than clear). It doesn't seem to have telematics/ over-the-air updates/ Skoda Connect...

2.0L Diesel 135kW/184cV, 7-speed DSG automatic transmission, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist, Front Assist, Rear parking sensors and camera, Drive Mode Select, Hill Start Assist, Off-Road Mode, Blind Spot Detection, Front Assist, Cornering full-LED lights, 

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my 15 plate VRS, leather interior, lane assist, not too sure of the other functions yet as haven't had enough time to play around, but will update when I get a chance! 

Snapchat-525925378.jpg

On 28/11/2020 at 18:38, JayLibove said:

New Skoda owner here in Catalunya, Spain. Just got our 2019 model year (dealer says it rolled off the factory line around April-May 2020) Octavia MkIII combi (station wagon) "Scout" all-wheel-drive.

Not sure I believe that a car manufactured in April-May 2020 will be a 2019 model.

The change over between model years in normally around August of the year before - so a car manufactured in April-May 2020 will be a 2020 model.

August 2018 - July 2019 = 2019 model

August 2019 - July 2020 = 2020 model

August 2020 - July 2021 = 2021 model

Check your VIN against an online VIN checker - that will tell you what the model year actually is (rather than relying on the word of a dealer).

1 hour ago, JayLibove said:

You're right - the VIN code "L" for the year is 2020. It's just that I thought that from the 2020 model year was when the MkIV came out, and mine is definitely a MkIII.

The MkIV are all 2021 model year cars :)

On 07/12/2020 at 06:21, Kjb2910 said:

Just picked up my 15 plate VRS, leather interior, lane assist, not too sure of the other functions yet as haven't had enough time to play around, but will update when I get a chance! 

Snapchat-525925378.jpg

My neck hurts! Nice colour though, looks great. Has it got spacers fitted? Maybe it's just the angle but it looks like it has a wider track than mine (which resides in Australia where aftermarket spacers are illegal).

Had mine a month a 2015 L&K 150 TDI with some very nice options inc Pan Roof, Rear Heated Seats, Lane & Park assist, Heated Screen and 4x4. My second Skoda 1st was a 2006 Mk2 TDI Octavia estate again a L&K. octy.jpg.49b46a80d81c851be0603979d67069c4.jpg 

• Like 1