Remote Keyfob - Recommendation for repair companies

Hi,

I'm looking for a good reliable compaby who can fix my Fabia (2004) keyfob. It's playing dead right now but thankfully I can still open the car and drive! I've tried the various techniques for re-pairing it back to the car and new battery but no luck :wall:

One company that caught my eye was...

http://www.keyfobrep...key_repair..htm

Anyone used them? Does anyone have experience of these kind of companies? I think they will be a helluva lot cheaper than the local dealers (but will the job be as good?)

Does that imply you have a second key? If so, just get a new backend for the broken one from eBay.

I paid around £22 for mine.

J.

Hi Vindaloo,

This sounds interesting. FWIW, I have two keys both original 3 button jobbies. The "spare" that is virtually unused is perfect...my daily use key get's me into the car, and the car starts as it always did. I've read up on fobs but I'm still getting my head round them! If I change the back end of the fob (with the 3 buttons) and click this together with the key part, will it just needs pairing up i.e. No dealer visit needed? Is the RFID chip the most important part? If so I would assume this is OK as I can access and drive the car...

Edited by BlueSilver

Is it just when pressing unlock/lock that the car doesn't respond therefor having to use the actual keyblade to open the car?

Yes that's it. I've had to learn to be patient..if I'm too quick I set the alarm off which is really embarassing :rofl:

Edited by BlueSilver

Haha! I used to have the same problem with a key off mine, I used a firm on eBay maybe not the best place to go but it did the trick sent it off to them used my spare in the meanwhile and when it come back it was as good as new only cost £20 to am sure

Hi Vindaloo,

This sounds interesting. FWIW, I have two keys both original 3 button jobbies. The "spare" that is virtually unused is perfect...my daily use key get's me into the car, and the car starts as it always did. I've read up on fobs but I'm still getting my head round them! If I change the back end of the fob (with the 3 buttons) and click this together with the key part, will it just needs pairing up i.e. No dealer visit needed? Is the RFID chip the most important part? If so I would assume this is OK as I can access and drive the car...

Backend is "alarm only" and can be paired at home as long as you have a second key for the car.

Frontend with the key blade holds the RFID doofer for the imobiliser. That must be paired using a computer - usually dealer only, though some on here may be able to accomodate.

Just make sure the numbers line up... This eBayer is good enough to show how to find the part number you'll need.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-PASSET-POLO-SKODA-FABIA-OCTAVIA-3-BUTTON-KEY-FOB-REMOTE-HLO-1KO-959-753-N-/300906516283?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460f6d0f3b

J.

• Like 1

Backend is "alarm only" and can be paired at home as long as you have a second key for the car.

Frontend with the key blade holds the RFID doofer for the imobiliser. That must be paired using a computer - usually dealer only, though some on here may be able to accomodate.

Just make sure the numbers line up... This eBayer is good enough to show how to find the part number you'll need.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item460f6d0f3b

J.

Thanks for this information, I'm starting to feel better that this could be fixed for not much cash. I've saved the seller for future use. Thanks Vindaloo for pointing me in the right direction!

Edited by BlueSilver

Lools like you can get new housings and badges too for cheap off the bay, hopefully soon I'll have a refurbed working fob :)

Edited by BlueSilver