A/C with a mind of it's own

The air con (not climate control) on my Monte seems to randomly switch itself on, sometimes with the recirculation feature, and sometimes without. There seems no logical pattern to it's behaviour, so does anyone know why it does this?, or do I need to take it in to the dealer.

Standard A/C on ours comes on when you select windscreen demist; designed to do this.

Have a feeling it's also come on with a different selection but I could be getting confused with the above :wonder:

TP

Wind screen demist selection? Is there a setting for that then? Please elaborate if you can because I'm old and confused. :)

Windscreen demist then the fan must be running in any setting 1 to 4 and turn the air distribution dial (nearest the driver RHD) to the 12 o'clock position. If A/C is off it will come on automatically.

TP

Is the recirculation happening as you reverse?

Thats OK if it is.

george

Recirculation on ours seems to come on every time you have air distribution set to fresh air and then select A/C; understand from the handbook that's acceptable system behaviour mind.

TP

I think recirculation comes on if you select max hot or cold too. At least it does on mine, I never switch A/C off.

Fresh air circulation (air con button "off") always leaves the car feeling stuffy and too hot, regardless of where you put the dials.

My A/C awitches on all by itself when I change the temperature control from hot to cold (or vice versa).

Asked my local dealer about it, but they didn't have an answer for me as to whether it is normal or not.

I guess from the above posts that it is just another little Fabia quirk.

I noticed it recently (when it was off) in my car and the wife's Golf.

Turn from wherever it is to max cold and it turns on the A/C and recirculates. I guess it's to get the temperature down quicker.