Amundsen+ how do I ... (mute, pause, tell GPS to remember 'here')

My new Yeti SE+ came with an Amundsen+. Inspite of reading the manuals and trying what seems obvious ways of doing things I can not find how to:

1. Temporarily mute what ever sound source is active (on my old Yeti / Columbus, I could just click the LHS thumb wheel or press the 'phone' button).
  2. If I am playing from a recorded source (SD card, CD, 6 x CD) I used to have the option to pause on the Columbus but there doesn't appear to be an equiv on the Amundsen+
  3. My biggest niggle: I really want the GPS to be able to record 'here' so I can come back to 'here' later (for example a Service Area - don't get me started about the difficulty of selecting a particular service area as a stop over)

Does anybody know how to do any or all of the above?

Thanks

I have the same frustration with (3) in my Octavia Blackline. you can save your current location to be your "home" but i haven't found a way of doing more than one, which is a shame.

my "phone" button seems work fine as a mute.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Frozboz, 1. Turn the volume down seems to be the only way. Some countries get a mute button in place of TMC.

2. Turn the volume down and the media will pause.

3. Press the (i) button to display current position which can then be saved as a Flagged Destination and named. (See manual p21 to 22)

Hope this helps, Mozart.

Edited by mozart

Thank you so much. Most helpful.

Now, if only somebody could tell me a way to enter the various service areas as either destinations or stop overs (or a convenient why finding the post code of the relevant service area.

Hi frozboz,

Might be worth searching the built-in POIs for what you're looking for by nearest town. I've found them to be quite extensive. Even our local nursery school is listed!

They can then be stored.

Hope this helps, Mozart.

Now, if only somebody could tell me a way to enter the various service areas as either destinations or stop overs (or a convenient why finding the post code of the relevant service area.

Assuming that the service area sells fuel - do they not appear in the fuel points of interest?