Official Skoda towbar?

Andito

I know towbars have been done to death but has anyone had a removable factory fit recently and if so which manufacturers towbar is fitted?

I want to fit a towbar to my Greenline & had the factory prep done, whilst collecting my spare wheel & tool kit to raise the boot floor today I asked if the dealer could order the Westfalia removable towbar & correct electrics, supply only. Unfortunately the advisor could not tell me if the towbar is the Westfalia or a different manufacturer so I have only ordered the electrics for factory prep & need to find out which towbar Skoda will provide.

Thanks,

Andy.

Thanks Splooter, you don't happen to have a picture of the removable towing hook? The diagram I was shown in the dealership was different to the Westafalia towbars I've seen but it may just be a newer version.

Andy.

Yes, ordered along with the car and factory fitted.

Prior to ordering I was happy with the brochure prices of £400 for the towbar + £180 for the towbar preparation. It wasn't until I was in the process of ordering that I realised it was £400 all-in - an absolute bargain :happy:

I got the factory for tow-bar too. It comes with 13 pin electrical connector, mine also came with a 7 pin adaptor. I checked the Westphalia website, the rrp in the UK for this tow-bar is more than the cost of having it factory fitted.

Also as its factory fitted it should be covered by the warranty. Just as well as mine keeps telling me the left brake light on the trailer is not working, even when it is. Difficult to check unless you have a passenger with you.

I got the 13-7 pin adapter too, though wasn't expecting that so had just bought one the week before.

I used mine for the first time at the weekend and was initially concerned at lack of buzzer or light to tell me that the indicators were working, but after reading up on it I realised that it integrates the trailer into the vehicle electrics and therfore works on the opposite principle (i.e. will only tell you when a light's not working). Other nice touches are that the Columbus shows a trailer attached to the car when you reverse (and disables the rear sensors) and the alarm goes off if you unplug the trailer electrics while the car is locked.

Overall I'm very impressed with it and the price is amazing.

Any use ?

towbar.jpg

Thanks Splooter,

Doesn't look like the one I was shown a picture of in the dealers. You would think they would know who supplies them though!!

That matches the one dealer-fitted to Annie last August. Here's the the first sheet of the instructions (scanned from the booklet, printed and laminated to keep in the car):

post-86998-0-80960400-1370428258_thumb.jpg

Yes, ordered along with the car and factory fitted.

Prior to ordering I was happy with the brochure prices of £400 for the towbar + £180 for the towbar preparation. It wasn't until I was in the process of ordering that I realised it was £400 all-in - an absolute bargain :happy:

Totally agree £400 is an absolute snip compared to what some of us have paid post purchase and quite unusual for a car manufacturer to do such a deal. Either Skoda are being remarkably generous or someone in the back office made a cockup in the calculation and is heading for the sack!

• Like 1