2010 octavia cr tdi vrs remapping. advice needed.

I have just bought a 2010 octavia vrs tdi cr less than a week ago and was wondering if anyone has had a remap done on one of these. I have never remapped any car and would appreciate any opinions/advice from anyone with experience of this. Are there any downsides or problems associated etc. Thanks. Billy.

to be honest, my cr170 is ridiculously quick for a diesel and I couldn't think why you want to have it remapped? awesome car, really happy with it and better MPG than anything I've ever owned!

You can expect to see 200/215hp on one with a map. Torque also increases to 300lb/ft+ . Basically a decent map get the CRs performance v much in line with a standard TSi's but with the advantage of considerably lower running costs on the basis that in mixed driving the fuel economy will likely slightly improve over standard due to the efficiency gains when driving at lower loads.

My only concerns would be a) premature death of the DPF; not fragile in a CR but ultimately the car will probably produce more soot and so it'll have to regen more often etc. Also the extra power will affect wear and tear on things like brakes, clutch and gearbox.

Also if your car is under manufacturers warranty of any sort consider it voided by having a remap. Tuning box would be another option.

to be honest, my cr170 is ridiculously quick for a diesel and I couldn't think why you want to have it remapped? awesome car, really happy with it and better MPG than anything I've ever owned!

punchy, nippy maybe but no vrs is ridiculously quick in standard form be it diesel or petrol.

depends what you're used to. I really love the vrs. Great car and one I intend to keep for a good while. I had a Subaru impreza which was incredibly quick and handled like a dream then a bmw which was lets just say comfortable. The vrs is not just as quick as the Scooby but quicker than the bmw and more comfortable, practical and nicer to drive than both. I have a five year warranty so maybe forget about remapping for now.
  • Like 1

There must have been something wrong with your Scooby if a standard diesel OctavIan is as quick

my post said the Scooby was incredibly quick and the vrs wasn't as quick. The vrs is quicker than the bmw. It's quick for what it is. It's a happy medium.

my post said the Scooby was incredibly quick and the vrs wasn't as quick. The vrs is quicker than the bmw. It's quick for what it is. It's a happy medium.

Sorry, I missed the "not" on original reading, but having read it again it sounds a strange "it's not just as quick"........maybe "it's not quite as quick" would have been more clear