Struggling to find what's wrong!

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my car that local garages and myself are struggling to identify.

It keeps going into limp mode, when accelerating gradually up a slight incline. Also the sound of the car goes a lot deeper when it's goes into limp mode. If you turn it off and back in whilst going it resets but goes back into limp mode if your still going up the Incline. there is no sound to the turbo when it cuts out. I've checked for boost leaks, and cannot find anything obvious and have changed the map sensor, it improved the acceleration slightly but did not solve the problem. I'm running a pd150 hybrid around 200 bhp with a small fmic and the egr has been blocked off. Any help would be really appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out here as driving 10 miles to work usually results in having to turn the car off and back on about 3-4 times. :@

J.E

Guest BigJase88

If its that bad id suggest turbo off job and give it a good clean!

Do you drive slowly?

Thanks for the replies, i had it scanned a few weeks ago and it came up with P1855 P1556, have searched them on the forum but but can't make sense of it. Not sure that the mr muscle trick is though. Lol

J.E

Do you drive slowly?

I've got the txautosport inter cooler and I only drive slowly to work and back which is about a 22 mile round trip, the rest of the time I'm pretty heavy footed :) it's never cut out around town and doesn't cut out if I'm flooring it on the motorway only when I'm driving tidy,

J.E

Edited by jkevs

18263 - Powertrain Data Bus: Software Version Monitoring

P1855 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Any further details??

P1556 - Charge pressure control.. Check your vacuum pipes

18263 - Powertrain Data Bus: Software Version Monitoring

P1855 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Any further details??

P1556 - Charge pressure control.. Check your vacuum pipes

That's pretty much word for word as it came up on the scanner. When you say check them you mean check they are connected or take them off and blow them through? I had a new boost pressure box or whatever it's called when I had the hybrid fitted because the previous one was nackered.

J.E

That's pretty much word for word as it came up on the scanner. When you say check them you mean check they are connected or take them off and blow them through? I had a new boost pressure box or whatever it's called when I had the hybrid fitted because the previous one was nackered.

There should have been a bit more info on the first fault code which would maybe give you a more detailed fault. What's the code you had, copy it word for word and repost.

Just check the vacuum pipes are all connected and not leaking/split.

There should have been a bit more info on the first fault code which would maybe give you a more detailed fault. What's the code you had, copy it word for word and repost.

Just check the vacuum pipes are all connected and not leaking/split.

Not sure about extra details as I had it plugged in at a garage, :/

J.E

Do you drive slowly?

Surely it can't be the turbo it was only put on last November and the car has been doing this for a while, could it be the remap?

J.E