Window not working

Passenger side front window not working tried switch on both front doors but nothing. Is it a fuse/ relay or something worse? Fortunately the windows up and not down and all other windows work

beginning to wonder about this car, all it needs now is the dsg problem and thats full house

Starting to wonder whether I should get shut I bought a newer car to have less worries not more!

beginning to wonder about this car, all it needs now is the dsg problem and thats full house

Starting to wonder whether I should get shut I bought a newer car to have less worries not more!

Sorry you feel that way but I know it really gets to you when these things happen especially in a new car. This broken wire thing is often blamed. In my case (previous HTP) BOTH windows refused to work and then would work intermittently, that was in winter when damp. As the weather improved they started working and had worked for at least two months perfectly before I traded it in. Strange!!

Try the holding down the unlock key on the remote - this opens the electric windows. If the window works, then it might be a switch problem. If it doesn't - you know it's window mechanicals.

Try the holding down the unlock key on the remote - this opens the electric windows. If the window works, then it might be a switch problem. If it doesn't - you know it's window mechanicals.

+1

This could reset the system, i had the problem with back rear window and this did the trick.

is there problem with windscreen leaking on them as well

I have noticed water lines down the inside of the windscreen roughly in the middle

I believe there is an aerial for the audio system built into some Fabia windscreens. This appears as a line in the centre of the screen.

There is the Black Aerial Line on the front screen.

but also,

A member here had a problem on a vRS with a leak at the front screen that ended up with water behind the headlining and a water dripping near the gear selector.

http://www.briskoda....203-leakey-roof

george

I'd forgotten about that post George, hopefully that's an isolated case as can happen and that 'Kaa's' problem is indeed just the aerial !

going to have to check that, I do park my car on an incline

hope its not leaking or will be taking it back, definately would be the last straw

I recently had this window issue with my wife's Fabia. The drivers side electric window didn't open and then was working intermittently. When I tried it, it was OK so I thought it was her! Then a few weeks later she said it wasn't working again, and this time it wasn't even with the window function on the key button. I tried checking the switch which seemed OK and I was pressing the multi plug onto the motor and they started working. A bit of messing around revealed that the connector onto the motor was flexing slightly. I put a long cable tie around the plug and motor and it has been faultless since. It is worth a look I think. :happy:

Edited by polo2002

• 1 month later...

Both my windows haven't worked for at least a year now (57 Fabia 2). My passenger side one packed up about 2.5 years ago, I took it to the garage but was quoted over £200 to get it fixed and i'd already spent £700 on repairs that month. So when the other one went i thought that there's no way i'm paying £400 just for windows. It's a bit embarassing though when you have to get out of the car everytime someone wants to talk to you or you need to get a ticket at a car park.

I'll try the tips mentioned above about checking the wiring.

Edit - I should mentioned that I rang Skoda customer services to ask is this was a design fault and was told no. I'd had a few other electrical problems so was hoping they'd take pity on me and offer a goodwill repair. No luck.

Edited by bgardner

Just a thought but i wonder if anywhere in the country theres someone that could modify windows to a manual winder mechanism, seems like going back in time a bit but hey if it works & you still get opening windows then hey ho.

Im not mechanically practical but my rear windows are manual winders so could getting a hold of an old set of them & sticking the gubbings in the front be the key to a longer lasting mod & being able to use the Mcdonalds drive through :)

I had minor problems with the operation of the passenger side window. Sometimes when half open it would go down instead of up when you pressed the close button. Mentioned it to the dealer and they said they would change the winder motor under warranty, no questions asked. They said electric window problems were common on the Fabia II. Apparently there was a modification/specification update, which they applied when mine was fixed.

Can't fault the service I get from my dealer.

Just a thought but i wonder if anywhere in the country theres someone that could modify windows to a manual winder mechanism, seems like going back in time a bit but hey if it works & you still get opening windows then hey ho.

Im not mechanically practical but my rear windows are manual winders so could getting a hold of an old set of them & sticking the gubbings in the front be the key to a longer lasting mod & being able to use the Mcdonalds drive through :)

Ha ha - yes that would be my prefered option.

I must say that these problems have knocked my confidence in Skoda as a manufacturer. I haven't been driving for long though, so I don't know if all modern cars are equally unreliable with things like this.

Ha ha - yes that would be my prefered option.

I must say that these problems have knocked my confidence in Skoda as a manufacturer. I haven't been driving for long though, so I don't know if all modern cars are equally unreliable with things like this.

Im the same mate, i still havent got my car back & considering it's just sat outside the dealers now i reckon they still dont have a clue what's wrong.However im gonna stick by mine i think because better the devil you know & it's the only car i've owned from new.Skoda still get good reviews & i asked the recovery guy & he said he doesnt recover many skodas which is good but there's lots of niggly problems & i wonder if they've become a victim of their own success with all the demand & build dates & waiting ages on your car & dealers not having a clue or being unable to keep up etc etc.The only thing i am sure about is that it would be far worse with another manufacturer such as peugeot, citreon,fiat & so on.the only other manufacturer i'd consider is Honda as my 03 Civic type-r was almost flawless during the 80k miles i put on it, even still though i did have a leaking windscreen issue with water pooling in the footwell.

I say keep the skoda! :)