Alloy wheel paint monte

• 1 month later...

cheers all I'll buy the monte alloy paint from amazons - much appreciated

S

Hi, did you buy the paint? Did it match? I've just bought one from the link above and it appears blue, extremely unhappy and now it looks awful :-(

Hi yes I bought it it had a ball bearing in mixed it for a good while and applied carefully to edges after some gentle sanding you cannot tell- unless you really look carefully. Ill take a pic tomz and post it up here. Paint looked different at first application but came out just about spot on after drying. W

• Like 1

Hi yes I bought it it had a ball bearing in mixed it for a good while and applied carefully to edges after some gentle sanding you cannot tell- unless you really look carefully. Ill take a pic tomz and post it up here. Paint looked different at first application but came out just about spot on after drying. W

Glad it was good for you, mine was a really bad kerb job, I'm a driving instructor so I'm not too bothered about my wheels getting kerbed, always going to happen, but just wanted to cover them up until I get it refurbed before moving the car on. I'll try to post a pic of mine, it's not pretty at all.

Here they are, no comments about my painting please!! I know it looks really bad but I had to smooth the jaggedness down which made a larger area and thought the paint would be a decent enough match that a couple of coats would do a reasonable job for the time being. Definitely getting a refurb sooner than expected.

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/MilgeS/media/20130722_115349_zpsb4065eed.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/MilgeS/media/20130719_163724_zps645e2fc0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

whoooh that is bad !! My paint did do on like that but dried black metallic like wheels there is a slight difference but my damage was minor in comparison. Sorry to see this has happened I'd defo get a refurb? On another note how does the car fare as an instructor vehicle?

whoooh that is bad !! My paint did do on like that but dried black metallic like wheels there is a slight difference but my damage was minor in comparison. Sorry to see this has happened I'd defo get a refurb? On another note how does the car fare as an instructor vehicle?

As an instruction vehicle I and my pupils love it! The looks really catch peoples attention which is great for business, at first all the other instructors in my area just had standard Fiesta's etc, since I started they have changed to DS'3 and more sporty models when it came to upgrade time!!

From an instruction point of view, the low, flat window line gives excellent all around vision, controls are close to hand and simple oeration, my favourite question on first lessons is "'do you play Xbox/Playstation?', that's how you operate the mirror adjuster".

With the light clutch, fully adjustable steering wheel and seat it's easy to get comfortable too, one comment from a pupil who'd learnt with someone else previously was that the instructor made her stretch for the clutch because otherwise she was too close to the steering wheel, not a problem in the Monte, just shove it forward and hey presto, she's loving her lessons again!

I now have the 1.6 TDi 105, previously had the 75, the 105 is better on fuel and doesn't 'pull' as much around slow corners or in slow traffic, pupils who drove the 75 immediately noticed the difference which is quite surprising with their little experience of driving, I wouldn't have thought they'd take much notice.

Think I've rambled on a bit, sorry! 

When he says "no comments about my painting please!!" then please don't comment! Instead you should be glad he actually posted those picures - knowingly that he risked getting comments like yours!

On the other hand....... yes they DO look like **** :D :D

Sorry, too much wine :) . I meant the first part though.......

Edited by Kent (DK)

Dent DK (whoop)

Perhaps you think they look good?

The comment was honest not barbed!

Ps that's with no wine.

Glad it fares well as an instruction vehicle nice to see that it is a head turner too.

The 105 is what I have - nice pull and handles well too

W

Hey Kent (DK), my 'no comments' was tongue in cheek :-), left my self open to criticism by posting pics, I know how bad it looks, looking into refurb costs right now :-)

Whitey, I know you meant no malice, thanks for your help, I've managed to get a refund, they said it was a 'mixing' problem at their end :-(

Nothing really to do with the skill of the person.A touch in with a brush,with a metallic colour,is always going to look poor.

For a good diy job you need an aerosol of base coat mixed by a paint factor using the correct colour code and a can of lacquer also...plus thinnners ,masking tape,wet and dry paper of various grades,etch primer for any bare alloy areas,grey undercoat...the list goes on.

If,unlike me,you don't like dabbling in car painting as a hobby best to get the smart repair guy in,I think.

• Like 1