Need help before i loose me rag

I have a mk1 vrs and have a problem with it going into limp mode i have changed the turbo and had 2 second hand n75 valves the 2nd was tested by another member but i still have the same problem driveing steady and between 70-80mph if i accerate slowly goes into limp mode (does not do this when being drove spiritly) i realy am at a loss off what else to look for/to fix this issue and its driveing me nuts please can anybody offer any help/suggestions they would be much appricaited

Jason

Find someone who can read the fault codes on the VCDS owners map :thumbup:

I have a scanner at work that that i can plug into but its always come up with sometimg related to the n75

Anything more specific? N75 is the vacuum control box, and is probably key to why the turbo isn't working sometimes. The N75 controls the vacuum which controls the position of the actuator/VNT vanes in the turbo.

Guest BigJase88

You need to log specified boost vs actual and look at your dmap cycle! Should be hitting 80 at around 4000rpm

You need someone with vcds

Guest BigJase88

Shouldn't be adjusting the actuator arm! They are set from the factory!

Sounds like a bit of a bodge! You really need to take it to someone who knows what they are doing!

Whats the engine light on for? A decent mapper can map out the egr valve! If you've deleted that??

Guest BigJase88

Well does that not tell you that you have an issue? CEL (check engine light)

As far as im aware big fish tuning are alright!

You need to get the fault codes scanned asap!

Guest BigJase88

Yeah thats the first port of call

Google the fault code when you get it and the world wide web will let you know the possible causes

Guest BigJase88

Its also not uncommon for new maf sensors to go faulty too!

I changed numerous items for it to be a dodgy maf! That sorted my limp mode