List Your Best/Worthwhile VRS Mods

As I'll be in the market for a nice standard Mk1 VRS soon, I want to put together a list of the most worthwhile mods to do.

So, list your most worthwhile mods, what they were, how the mod improved your car, how much they cost, how difficult they were to do if you did it yourself, and any before/after pics if you have them.

Cheers,

Ade. :happy:

R-Tech Remap £290, 251bhp+303lbft torque :D

(Stage 2)

To get the above:

Front mount intercooler (I have a forge kit forsale)

Forge TIP (turbo intake pipe) (I have 1 forsale)

Turbo back exhaust (I have 1 forsale)

Induction kit (I have 1 forsale)

Then you will want to make it stop (I have a Tarox 6 pot brake kit forsale too) :D

• Like 1

One of the first mods I did was to fit a rarb, the difference is really noticeable, even swmbo noticed it which is strange as she hasn't noticed that it's got coilovers for the last 6 months thank god lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

remap by cntuning aka clive made a world of differene just the day to day driving feels more fun :p and if u like the induction/turbo noise a neuspeed induction kit and forge 007p dv and of course the better grip thanks to a set of uniroyals on the front. the rest like my exhaust is just there for noise really.

Solid metal gear shifter bushings. Make the gear change crisper, and cheap to do

Rear ARB - cheapish and makes the car handle better

Remap - massive improvement in power delivery

Forge short shifter - cheap mod that makes gear changes feel a bit better

R32 wheel and matching quicker steering rack - Not so cheap but I love my R32 wheel. Though others don't like the wheel :)

Details and pics of all of these on my website (link below) :)

If you want cheapest first then search the term pikey and you will get a list of what can be done.

I have the pikey:

Dogbone mount

wheel arch mod,

air box mod( not just the de-fin but extra pipes to allow more air in, helps stop TIP collapse too)

Front vent

Tdi under tray (no extra power/torque but better mpg)

Mudguards removed

A really worthwhile mod is extra one way check valves in the small pipes under the inlet manifold.

Retro fit aero wipers.

G-techniq G1 or similar on the glass. Hands down one of the best things you can do to a car, especially in the uk with our beautiful summers :D

Good thread this.. Is there any "preferred" size/make of RARB for an vRS estate?

If your still using the standard front arb, then the whiteline 24mm HD rarb is more than good enough.

• Like 1