Fabia VRS disc pad anti-squeal shims ?

My brake pad anti-squeal (shims) need replacing so could someone have the part numbers ?

The front has one stainless steel anti-squeal (shim) sitting outside of brake caliper piston, with a three prong attachment the inside of the caliper piston...
There's also another two stainless steel anti-squeal (shims) one at the top/one at the bottom of disc pad for the locating lugs.

At the rear the stainless steel anti-squeal (shims) just has the top and bottom one fitted.

If anyone can help I thank you, all very much appreciated.

Don't think you can get them on their own, they come with genuine pads.

What do you class as genuine pads, as I fit Mintex brand and no shims were in the box?

The original were Feroda (when car was new) do you mean this brand?

Thanks 'Tech1e'

If they are in good order yes.What tends to happen though is someone along the line fits non genuine pads and either the shims aren't fit for reuse of they just get binned anyway.

Thanks - the shims are the metal clips in the piccy below?

$%28KGrHqV,!lkFBsCIWb!pBQm6Uke-tg~~60_35.JPG

Thanks - the shims are the metal clips in the piccy below?

$%28KGrHqV,!lkFBsCIWb!pBQm6Uke-tg~~60_35.JPG

I have seen these, (thanks) however one shim is missing from picture compared what's fitted to my 2005 Fabia VRS.

A shim with 3 prongs sits inside front brake caliper piston and butts up against the back of a brake pad.

I'll enquire with Skoda to see what they say about the shim not displayed.

I have seen these, (thanks) however one shim is missing from picture compared what's fitted to my 2005 Fabia VRS.

A shim with 3 prongs sits inside front brake caliper piston and butts up against the back of a brake pad.

I'll enquire with Skoda to see what they say about the shim not displayed.

The one with three prongs should be attached to the brake pad!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Finally ran down the 'Heat shield' shim that sit in the caliper piston that can be supplied from Skoda dealer, for my 2005 Fabia VRS MK1.
Parts number 6Q0615231 for left side with 6Q0615232 for right side.

As said and verified, top and bottom anti-rattle shims supplied with genuine Skoda brake pads, either supplied by Skoda or (E-Bay seller, selling genuine brake pads).
At present tracking down a company (see below) that may supply just the anti-rattle shims.

Tracked down company "Brakes International' based at 'Rochdale'.

Full set for front (4) or full set for rear (4) anti-rattle shims £7.99 per set, including postage.
Rear set 3309-4553-9943 or code BPF1211
Front set 3309-4325-4790 or code BPF1231

'trundlenut' member, no prongs attached to any brake pad as these 'Heat Shield' shims are quite a separate item. (see top of this page)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Good Spy Baldy Guy, my front drivers side started to squeal, one of the lip's had snapped off, and the clip was actually scraping against the disc, bent the other side up and that has stopped for the moment, and my pads are like new, so did want to replace them lol,

Clips away to be ordered I take it they are the same for the 2007 LE VRS?