Any fans of 'proper' skodas?

I have for a long time seriously fancied one of these to do up and tune the nuts off:

S110R

Trouble is there are only about a dozen of these left on the roads in the UK. :(

I honestly think it's one of the coolest looking cars around (having a parent from Eastern Europe probably has a lot to do with my soft spot for commie cars of all shapes and sizes. Except Ladas)

Anyone else here partial to the old stuff? :drive:

Very much so :-)) S110R is great a kind of alternative to a Karmann Ghia I've always thought!! I love Estelles and Rapids and I have a 94 Favorit Estate which in many ways I prefer to my 53 plate Fabia TDI. So many clever quirky features all done on such a tight budget.

I have for a long time seriously fancied one of these to do up and tune the nuts off:

S110R

Trouble is there are only about a dozen of these left on the roads in the UK. :(

I honestly think it's one of the coolest looking cars around (having a parent from Eastern Europe probably has a lot to do with my soft spot for commie cars of all shapes and sizes. Except Ladas)

Anyone else here partial to the old stuff? :drive:

BRISKODA tends to be for the recent stuff. Try here:

http://www.skoda-owners-club.org/

My mum and dad had an `89 105 Lux from new, cracking car to be fair. 120k and all it needed was servicing, an exhaust and a clutch, which me and the old man did (if only all cars were so easy to work on!). It was in the petrol blue colour, still looked pretty good when they got rid of it a couple of years ago.

He still loves them and is planning on chopping his trusty Mondeo for a 1.8T L&K

• Administrators

BRISKODA is for all, the volume of new out weoghs the older stuff.

Lets not forget the "Older" stuff was at a time, ahead of most others in the game. So it's got an important part to play in our present day.

I'd like to make a few features of the older models and what people are doing with them / keeping them original or other things ;)

As said it's a shame so few are left, then again, this is the UK I am looking at. I'm sure if we popped over the channel we could fine a few more. I'd quite like one from the 70's or 80's :D

I'd love to find an original octavia myself , although it's not a realistic possibility.

Anything in good condition would be well out of my budget and I wouldn't have the time and ability to restore anything I could afford.

The S110 as shown in the picture above is a very nice looking car as well.

I always liked the skoda rapide 130 I think it was.

Problem was it was at the height of the 'joke' telling time so had to keep things under your hat so to speak.Still funny at the time though.All the boy racers in the village (this is the eighties remember) used to talk in revered tones bout the mysterious black rapide that would appear from nowhere and blow them out of the water them disappear.

Turned out 'things ' had been done to the car.The downside was they apparantly had trouble finding good brakes back then.Don't think it was ever found in a ditch though :)

• 3 months later...

Its nice to hear people looking for older car - I have a 136 Rapid for 'entertainment' but enjoy driving it so much I leave my 130pd Octavia at home!

There arn't many of the older cars available from what I see as many are locked in garages :eek: or horror of horror for any vehicle parked at the bottom of the garden covered in STUFF :rolleyes:

There are a few replica s110r around if you find one grab it and dont let go!

Me .. I prefer this forum to the other one.

Briskoda sure is for ALL! I've had 3 Favorits and a Felly (and am happy to help people out regarding them too. They are also a hoot to thrash about imo. 1.8T Favorit one day! :drool: )

I'd love an original Felicia though :thumbup:

18.09.2004-tuning-doksy-225.jpg

• Administrators

Thats a cracking paint job ;)

Is there an original octavia, given it's name is derived from the 8th model from the popular 420 apparantly.

I'm sure there are a lot of "garden" cars left to be found. I supsect restoring them to the original spec is nigh on impossible, hence an intreptation would be good and an expression of passion for the project over spannering a modern kit car...if only I had an idea that would work.

• 2 years later...

I actually know where that very car resides today!

Ive been asked to restore it for the owner soon as they have sold off there business.

I'd love to find an original octavia myself , although it's not a realistic possibility.

Anything in good condition would be well out of my budget and I wouldn't have the time and ability to restore anything I could afford.

The S110 as shown in the picture above is a very nice looking car as well.

In average condition, that is with MOT and usable and needs some fettling around

:)The Owners' Club site is undergoing some changes at the moment. When it's back I'll be requesting it to include a link to BriSkoda.:thumbup:

:cool:Skoda's old and new are great, but I must admit I do have a soft spot for the oldens. Might explain why there are 7 rear engined Skodas in the yard at the moment at the garage I run!:D

It's real nice to see that BriSkoda members see the old Skodas as being cool. BriSkoda is often said to be biassed towards the newer cars, and S.O.C.G.B. for being biassed towards the old cars....not actually true!

(having a parent from Eastern Europe probably has a lot to do with my soft spot for commie cars of all shapes and sizes. Except Ladas)

...I too have the "soft spot" for Skodas and especially Tatras due to family; From my mother and her parents (all Czech) and my uncle was a lead engineer in the Plzen Skoda works during the 70s/80s and owned from new an immaculate 120L which was 100% reliable and solid for 3 decades and is still thrashing around the Czech countryside today.

Like you, im not keen on Ladas, although the Rivas do look good in group A rally trim. The Niva was a pretty competant off roader too.

Old Skodas are unique and represent a certain niche in Czech engineering, Skoda managed to build competant road/rally/race cars on such a tight budget, and with all the party politics of the b*ll **** communist regime they succeeded due to the Czechs being very sound designers and engineers. I doubt some of the western manufacturers could produce anything like what Skoda achieved if they had to work under the same circumstances.

I hope that the original Skodas will gain more classic status over here and people will find out somehow that they were great cars, not just because they have bought a vRS this and a vRS that. The Skoda and vRS badge only means something now because of the heritage and pedigree of the earlier cars.

Wish i'd bought and kept a Rapide in the 80's (instead of a 1980 rot box 2.2 Lotus Sunbeam although it was better than a MK1 GTI for Kudos followed by a Fiat Uno (OOOOOH NOOOO) Turbo , a kid a couple,of years older than me bought a Rapide and we all thought he was a ********. 2007 my new 4x4 combi has the same accelarator pedal DOH !!!!!!!

How times change !

To answer the thread qusetion , yes! I really like the older cars too , although Ive never driven one. The S110R is a great looking car , I didn't realise that they were so rare though! If that is the case , how many of the S130RS are still on the road , if any?

from memory there are a few!

Neils - Blue now Red one

DSCF3271.jpg

Johns - white one

13533_a.jpg

Nigels - white one

DSCF1115.jpg

As for S110R's me and the mrs have one each.

DSC00944.jpg