Intermittent cooling

Hi :-)

Hope someone can help. I'm having difficulty to get proper cooling in the car. Maybe after 20 minutes, I will get 1 minute of cooling and then another 20 mins without. Scanned with VCDS today, no climate faults. Had the problem last summer as well, and serviced the coolant, but the system was not empty. Any ideas?

Would low gas show as a fault? You perhaps would expect it to but the above are possible symptons.

Yes, mine had this DTC recently when the compressor failed (low gas).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had this on my wife's fabia last week.

Took it to ATS and they re gassed the system with the correct weight of gas. It is now ice cold and works perfectly. It cost £45.

A drop in the amount of gas will stop it working properly.

Hi, thank you for the replies. Yes, I meant the gas for cooling :-) I emptied the system last summer and added the amount of gas, as specified on the sticker, under the hood, but without success. Perhaps I should give it another try?!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again.. I found out I had a faulty pressure switch. Switch replaced and system reserviced. But sticking my barbecue thermometer into the air vent, I can see I get a temperature drop of 4 degrees C (from 22 ambient temp to 18 in car with recirc. on). Would you guys say this is adequate? Reading other post, system is described as "freezingly" cold..