Sports Suspension code?

Hi fellow Briskodians!

I've taken delivery of my new Fabia today and I'm loving the new look of the car.

I do have a question though...

How do I know if the car has the sports suspension fitted that I requested and paid for?

I've gone thorough and decoded the codes on the car sticker in the boot and service book and although there are some entries pertaining to suspension, none of them mention 'sports' suspension.

Does anyone know the code for sports suspension so I can double check.

I don't want to go back to dealer gobbing off that they've ripped me off without being certain of the facts.

Many thanks in advance.

Don't know if it's of help but looking at the option codes for the Monte then it states;

L11 = Suspension range 11 installation control only

G04 = Front shock absorption

Whereas the previous Elegance on the standard set-up was L04 for suspension and G02 for shocks with the same engine

:wonder:

Thanks for your help guys. The codes I have are L14 and GO4 so am I right in thinking these are the sports suspension codes for my car, which is a 1.6 TDI Elegance. The price of the sports suspension was £105 but minus the VAT so £87.50 paid.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Monte Carlo sports suspension is the same as the vrs?

Different engine, different axle weights, thus different spring rates.

They'll fit, but they won't work as well as they should.

As said different weights of cars and different between the Diesel and the petrol. (& a vRS is heavier again)

basically a Monte Carlo & a vRS sit at about the same hight when delivered on standard springs and handle basically the same.

Not sure about the term 'Sports Suspension', it is just the suspension the car is fitted with.

They all sit on 205/40R 17 tyres.

The Monte might look better due to the trim around the wheel arches.

Both can be fitted with springs that will have them sitting lower if that is what you want.

*If you are ordering lowering springs for a Monte then tell the seller what model they are for.*

george

I think what they mean is, is the Monte Carlo "Sports Suspension" the same as that fitted to vRS models.

Or is it a different Sports Supsension.

I'm sure that's been asked and answered before to be a yes - 10mm lower than standard or whatever they say in all the blurb.

I know what he means, and 'louisv6' answered it,

different weight cars and different spring rates.

Cars sit with different clearances, and the handling is just what they are, so so., does what it does and thats OK.

Basically the same platform same mechanical parts, nothing fancy about anything in the Fabia Models.

george

Got it - but I think the question meant "Is Sports Supsension added to a non-VRS, as close to a VRS as I can get, without chopping things up or retro fitting stuff".

Or maybe not. Maybe he did want to fit VRS suspension to another Fabia, in which case LouisV6 was on the money.

I'm not trying to be difficult, it just happens. honest!

• Like 1

They are very good at using the word 'Sport'.

They seem to throw it in anytime they want extra money.

I drove a Seat Ibiza Cupra yesterday with their new improved suspension and it had the brake upgrade,

it just felt like the old one.

Drove a Clio Renault Sport 200 Turbo and it did not feel any better than the Seat and it was certainly not so nippy.

george

Owners handbook makes interesting reading, as it suggests the Monte may sit lower than the RS :wonder: :giggle:

Lists the RS as having a clearance of 129mm and the standard Fabia with a 'sport' chassis as being at 119 mm, which having checked ours it does appear to be 119mm.

GreenLine also sits at the same 119mm, with the standard Fabia at 134mm.

TP

• Like 1

The Greenline is nearer to the ground because there is more underneath in the way of undertray is it not?

Where or which point do they give the clearance measurement from, because if a Monte Carlo and a vRS are given as 129mm,

is the front lip of a Monte Carlo not lower than on a vRS?

george

The bottle is 160mm tall.

The Greenline is nearer to the ground because there is more underneath in the way of undertray is it not?

george

Was under the impression it was also on a 'sport' chassis for aerodynamic reasons, hence why it has rear discs, as with European Fabia 'sport' set-ups (think SUK must have missed the opportunity to demand drums as they did with the Monte).

Mind the skinny eco tyres can make quick cornering interesting :giggle:

TP

Not saying its not lower on shorter springs,

but is there a smooth underside on the Greenline.? & where is the measurement taken at?

Also different total diameter tyres.

Worth looking at the given Roof Heights from Skoda,

A Greenline 2 is given as being 14mm lower than a standard Fabia.

9mm lower than a Monte Carlo. 8mm lower than a vRS

Standard 1,498 mm

vRS 1,492 mm

vRS Estate 1494 mm

Scout Estate 1,513mm (i think this excludes the Roof Rails)

Monte Carlo 1,493mm

GREENLINE 2,1,484mm

george