knocking noise when dipping clutch...

Hi guys was wondering if you could help me out...

I have the 1.2TSI engine in my monte and when changing from 1st to 2nd gear, and sometimes 2nd to 3rd, i get a knocking noise when i press the clutch in...

Its a bit dodgy as ive only just really started to notice it but was wondering if anyone else has this or if its normal. i've read up on some other forums that this could be because of the dual mass flywheel but am not sure.

Thankss :)

Andy

• Like 1

Need more info on this knocking noise. How loud? A single knock? Many knocks? Makes it when you reach the clutch biting point? Or only when you push the clutch pedal down? When you put the power back on? So many questions... Do you have a sound file you can upload?

Its a single knock when I press the clutch in when changing gear from 1st to 2nd... it might happen in other gears but I cant hear it over the road noise. If im just sat still and press the pedal in it doesnt make the noise. It only seems to happen when im driving. It doesnt happen when bringing the clutch up. Will try and get a video later

Hi guys was wondering if you could help me out...

I have the 1.2TSI engine in my monte and when changing from 1st to 2nd gear, and sometimes 2nd to 3rd, i get a knocking noise when i press the clutch in...

Andy

What's a clutch? ;)

Mine does this since new. Three years later and 42.510 Km on clock still drives great, no clutch slipping or burnt clutch odour. The noise you are describing is a single semi-metallic "Tak" type sound, only when clutch pedal is reaching its bottom. I thought too it was a DMF issue but never managed to replicated on stand still in idle or with engine shutted off.

I drove my car to dealers two years ago and they lifted it with me sitting on driver's seat. Then I started changing gears from 1st to 2nd and 3rd and backwards but that sound never produced or replicated. We kept testing the car for over ten minutes. Nothing at all.

The cure is closed windows. Indeed I can hear that sound only during summer time when windows are down.

• Like 2

Mine does this since new. Three years later and 42.510 Km on clock still drives great, no clutch slipping or burnt clutch odour. The noise you are describing is a single semi-metallic "Tak" type sound, only when clutch pedal is reaching its bottom. I thought too it was a DMF issue but never managed to replicated on stand still in idle or with engine shutted off.

I drove my car to dealers two years ago and they lifted it with me sitting on driver's seat. Then I started changing gears from 1st to 2nd and 3rd and backwards but that sound never produced or replicated. We kept testing the car for over ten minutes. Nothing at all.

The cure is closed windows. Indeed I can hear that sound only during summer time when windows are down.

Hi,

Even i hear that 'tak' noise when i depress the clutch till the end, its normal i think and we need to depress till this so that the clutch does not wear off early.