New motor - New Seat Leon SE

nokiauk

Not been on here for a while as was in hospital for a bit, wanted to downsize and save some costs so traded in my Yeti TDI for this Seat Leon SE with the TSI engine. Also got some wheels for the winter thrown in to the deal.

IMG_0062_zpsfbbd8680.jpg

11_zpsc188b0c8.jpg

12_zps8425ab72.jpg

10_zps88ed51b5.jpg

6_zpsf395162c.jpg

1_zps64071b86.jpg

4_zps420aff79.jpg

3_zps4dbaee9e.jpg

LED Lights

Stereo/Nav Unit

DAB

Smoothness/economy of the TSI engine

Front sensors activate automatically on detection of cars/obstacles don't have to press the button on the dash.

Dislikes:

None so far.

I like the mk3 leon!

Far far nicer to look at than the ugly mk2!

I second that! Likewise the current Ibiza.

I did seriously consider the Leon when I bought my Monte, but the Skoda deal won the day. Anyway, that's a sharp looking car nokiauk. :)

I passed a new Leon with the LED dipped headlights the other day, it looked really cool.

I then passed it on the way home with the headlights turned off so with just the LED DRL's, it still looked cool!

Those alloys look tough to clean.

Nice in white.

looks a nice car, in my opinion nicer than the mk7 golf

Agreed.

Had a Leon Cupra with 1.8T engine in and was good handling. Like SEAT styling. Hope they are on variable servicing now as they use to be all on 10K servicing.

Nice car... I'm interested in the LED lights. Are they as good as Xenons? Do they do the cornering thing the Bi-Xenons on the Yeti does? Do they also do a "dance" on start-up? Or do they not self level - i.e. do they have a normal wheel inside the car to adjust their height like halogens have? I see they have washers too - I wonder if that is by law as per Xenons that LED lights have to have those... And finally do they also have a Europe travel setting to swap them from RHD to LHD beam?

To be honest I'm not sure as I've not been out at night as yet. To my knowledge they don't have the cornering function but they are self-levelling so will probably just dance up and down. They do have washers but I'm not sure if this came with the lights or not as I also ordered a winter pack which also comes with headlight washers. There is nothing on the car settings to change them for euro travel there may be a manual switch somewhere, must read the manual!

To be honest I'm not sure as I've not been out at night as yet. To my knowledge they don't have the cornering function but they are self-levelling so will probably just dance up and down. They do have washers but I'm not sure if this came with the lights or not as I also ordered a winter pack which also comes with headlight washers. There is nothing on the car settings to change them for euro travel there may be a manual switch somewhere, must read the manual!

Ta! And yes someone should go read the manual! :rofl:

Well there is nothing in the manual regarding the led lights other than to say that it is a complete unit all bulbs are led and should last the lifetime of the car and nothing is user replaceable.

I'm guessing there is no easy way to switch for euro travel.

Even with LED headlights the cornering function continues to be performed by the front fog lights on the latest Leon.

Yes but on my Yeti I have the fogs doing their cornering AND my Xenons swivel around bends too. Hence asking if these could do the same.

Well there is nothing in the manual regarding the led lights other than to say that it is a complete unit all bulbs are led and should last the lifetime of the car and nothing is user replaceable.

I'm guessing there is no easy way to switch for euro travel.

Ah.... I'd really have hoped they designed these to be a one fit for LHD and RHD cars in the factory. And then give an easy override for the driver to have either. Hmmmm. My Xenons have the travel function for Europe BUT they only flatten the beam and you lose the cornering function. So they have to make two different versions as ever.

Look what Audi has done to their LED lights:

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/06/2013-audi-a8-leds/

• Like 1

Smart looking car. Going by the radio station you're somewhere near me. If you want I can hook up vcds and we can check what extra features we can enable. Cracking engine you have, we have two, one in a yeti wrapper and one in a golf wrapper. :lol:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed.

Had a Leon Cupra with 1.8T engine in and was good handling. Like SEAT styling. Hope they are on variable servicing now as they use to be all on 10K servicing.

There is an option but I've gone for 10k/1 year servicing.

Smart looking car. Going by the radio station you're somewhere near me. If you want I can hook up vcds and we can check what extra features we can enable. Cracking engine you have, we have two, one in a yeti wrapper and one in a golf wrapper. :lol:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'm just outside Bonnyrigg/Dalkeith. Could be handy to have a look with VCDS just in case there are hidden extras.

There is an option but I've gone for 10k/1 year servicing.

I do 10K in about 80 days so was not practical for me but glad to hear it is atleast an option now on SEATs.

Way better looking than the Golf which now barely looks distingiushable from the Polo. Polo WRC car for UK please? 0-62 6.4s.

VW-Polo-R-d566d.jpg