12 months exended warranty

My car has its 3rd birthday on the 21st so its just had a service and MOT. I inquired about extending the warranty and its an unbelievable £399 for 12 months! Blimey. I think I'll give that a miss.

I think I'll buy one elsewhere like i did for the Yeti.

• Like 1

CSMA 12 month rolling warranty (Car Care plan) - £175 by the way.<p>

Policy Features

• Claims can be made up to the market value of the vehicle in aggregate
  • No excess to pay
  • Wide range of mechanical and electrical components covered
  • You choose the garage to repair your car and we pay them direct
  • Unlimited mileage once policy starts
  • Interest free monthly instalment plan available
  • European cover for up to 60 days
  • Car hire, hotel or rail travel benefits for major repairs

• Like 2

It was registered on 21st June 2010. I am the 3rd owner so its possible the first one could have been a garage as a demo or something.

It has just done 29,300 miles so wasn't quite due a service but as it needed an MOT and I wanted it checked before the warranty ran out I took it in early.

If you wanted the 12 months assistance included it was £450.

I had a MOT done 6 months early on a July 2010 car.

Only thing i will be wanting is a new rear badge from Warranty, due to white Spider.

Did you get the brake fluid changed?

&

if you do not mind saying,

what did they charge for a 3 year/30,000 mile service?

george

Only thing i will be wanting is a new rear badge from Warranty, due to white Spider.

&

george

I just had my 40K service on my VRS it was the last on my service plan and Dealer did my brake fluid change as part of it so I didnt have to pay for it in December as its due at 3 years old.

The service was £160 and included the brake fluid. Plus another £29 for the MOT. Including VAT. I had my rear badge replaced at the last service.

I wasn't aware that this would make my VRS one of the oldest. Were they introduced only 3 years ago then?

3 years ago into the UK.

RikSlaty,

did they change the Spark Plugs as they should at 40,000 miles, or had you already had them done?

george

Yep they did those too.

• 4 months later...

&

george

im no expert but as far as I know, thought that brake fluid is done every 2 years that is what my vw dealer mentioned to me anyway with the jetta I had, Sorry if im wrong.

im no expert but as far as I know, thought that brake fluid is done every 2 years that is what my vw dealer mentioned to me anyway with the jetta I had, Sorry if im wrong.

Brake fluid is three years on the Fabia.

My car has its 3rd birthday on the 21st so its just had a service and MOT. I inquired about extending the warranty and its an unbelievable £399 for 12 months! Blimey. I think I'll give that a miss.

I think I'll buy one elsewhere like i did for the Yeti.

It's more cost effective to take the two-year warranty (about £550 from memory - £650 to include breakdown) - if you trade it in before the two years are up you get a pro rata refund (minus a £35 administration fee) and it's transferable if you sell privately.

Brian,

i paid £547 for the 2 year Skoda Extended Warranty, & it came with or appears to come with Skoda Assist.

(1 year was £399)

It does look like the Skoda Assist is included but only 1 year by the 2 booklets received and those 2 invoices we talked about in the other thread.

I have full RAC Family cover so never bothered checking on the Skoda Assist.

?Could you please look at your 2 letters and see what you think on the Assist, 1 year or 2 received?

george

She is getting a bigger box of Chocolates then if i got the Skoda Assist with the Extended Warranty for the £547.

The person that took the Payment, then left the Paperwork to the competent person, did say, "this is the price you have agreed on?",

then left it at that.

But either way its worth its weight in Gold and gives piece of mind.

Odd that Skoda Dealers & Skoda UK can not just clearly Publish the Prices.

I know we can find them, but you need to put some work into it, rather than just a Google.

They must be thinking at Skoda,  'oh no, not another vRS owner Extending their Warranty'.

If it was a Bookies we were putting a bet on at,

i doubt they would give odds due to the probability of paying out.

Brian,

?? Did you get the plugs changed & were they looking OK?

george

If you've got the breakdown as well for £547, then that's a winner.

I don't think it's any skin off Skoda's nose as the extended warranty is Skoda approved but not underwritten by them - they'll get a bung for each one sold but it's not Skoda that shells out for repairs.

I just left the spark plugs until next year - the car has only done 18,000 miles and is running fine.

• Like 1

Just keep an eye out for any misfire or EPC light, even a hint of a misfire,

the one i drove and noticed it was not right because of a burnt out plug was 3 years old and under 25,000 miles.

The only warning might be poor fuel economy or economy dropping off.

It could require it to be getting given full beans to get the EPC light showing.

george