xBox 360 Games.....

PastyBoy

I'm bored.

I've been a gamer as long as i can remember but for the first time in a long time I'm not inspired to pick anything up.

• I'm still plodding my way through the Forza 4 single player and dipping my toe into the mulitplayer on odd occassions.
  • I bought and enjoyed the short lived Forza Horizon, but the multiplayer is filled with people who have no race craft whatsoever and jsut punt me off.
  • I occasionally spend half an hour getting shot repeatedly in the face by pre-pubescent children on COD:MW4 but I did the single player and have no want to try it on veteran for the acheivements.
  • I finally finished off GTA4, and bouyed by that bought and finished the Tales from Liberty City add-on game.
  • I've done finished, and since lost the muscle memory for Guitar Hero/Rock Band.
  • I've tried the arcade classics, Limbo (got stuck), Trails HD (got stuck), 'Splosion Man (got bored)
  • I got Star Wars Lego for christmas the year before last but after ploughing through Lego Batman & Lego Indiana Jones i realised the games are all actually exactly the same so haven't even put it in the tray.
  • I've finished Need For Speed: Most Wanted
  • I tried Red Dead Redemption but think grand theft auto loses somethign if you replace the car with a horse
  • Finished and really enjoyed Batman Arkham Asylum & Batman Arkham City
  • Tried Assassin's Creed but got bored of donig the same 4 mission types in different locations over and over

I've just picked up the new Tomb Raider which so far is absolutely fantastic but i'm wondering if there are classics out there i've missed.

I was a Playstation person when the first xBox was around so never did the Halo thing.

I have got the first 3 game with my console but only did a few levels of the first game before losing interest.

I was also a Playstation person when the 360 came out so i missed Gears of War fever, again though I own the first game but haven't done more than 2 or 3 levels.

Should i be perservering? Are these amazing games i'd enjoy if i kept at them?

Are there other "old" amazing games out there i've missed?

What have you played and enjoyed but is now gathering dust? (and thus ripe for me to buy/borrow/rent)

I have tried to list the candidates I think people will suggest above, but am open to any suggestions

You could do a lot worse than the recent arcade release "state of decay" Its a bit rough on the edges but is very good in my opinion. I'm also enjoying Metro 2013 which I originally overlooked.

I read the sales pitch of State of Decay and saw it as 3D 1st person tower defence with Zombies (kind of like COD:BO Zombies but more so) am i wrong?

I'm not sure i wanted another 1st person shooter.

I was thinking about the new Bioshock but can't justify spending "new game money" on a purchase (I only got Tomb Raider as Tesco had it for £20!)

Same thinking for the new GRID game but it's "just another racnig game"

I was thinking more along the lines of classics I should have played and could potentially pick up in the bargain bins

Dead Rising 1 & 2 being one.

I remember ripping heads of zombies was fun in the demos

I remember hearing good things about Mirrors Edge too although it was criticised or being short I think the free running idea was supposed to be good?

Bulletstorm?

Left 4 dead 2 and Dead Island....especially if you play online with a few mates are a great laugh.

I love the Tom Clancy games, Rainbow 6 Vegas is great.

If you like puzzlers, try Portal 1 & 2.

Borderlands 2 is pretty cool?

Was just about to suggest this too. Really has to be played through on co-op though so far I have put around 960 hours into borderlands 2 just waiting on the final dlc now

• Like 1

Far Cry 3 ? Played that recently and rated it pretty highly. Just got Dead Island as suggested above and enjoying it so far. Of late Ive not actually been buying games, just taking a trip to CEX with old games and seeing what I can get for my trade-in, better than Games prices.

Apart from them I still end up going on Forza 4 and tearing up the Cycled production hoppers. As an aside, I'd be up for beating racing some Brisky members on Forza if any are up for it :giggle: .

Quite into my racing games and enjoyed Dirt 2 before trading it in. Bought Dirt Showdown brand new. It was good fun, especially Destruction derby online, but it was NOT worth £40. PGR4 was great back in the day (ie, when it was new and online was populated). Career was pretty decent, but not played it in years and don't know if it dated well.

Was just about to suggest this too. Really has to be played through on co-op though so far I have put around 960 hours into borderlands 2 just waiting on the final dlc now

Yeap me too, great game but does require a fair few hours to get anywhere with it.

• Like 1

Yeap me too, great game but does require a fair few hours to get anywhere with it.

Yeah deffo probably my game of the year tbh I'm just working through to get the last few achievements lol

• 2 weeks later...

Old games you may have missed:

Bully (GTA but you're in school and no guns)

Just Cause 1 & 2 (bit like GTA but crazier)

Condemned (weird crime solving shooter thing but quite good)

Stuntman Ignition (favourite driving game to date, you have to shoot stunts for movies - sounds crap plays great!)

As for Mirrors Edge, I enjoyed it for a while but got annoyed at the difficulty spikes so gave up. Worth a play though.

Finished Tomb Raider on Tuesday.

Brilliant game, bit short, bit easy, but good story, great set pieces and looked amazing.

Downloaded "The Cave" as it's in the Sega Sale on the dashboard at the moment and seems fun.

Pretty standard platform puzzle game but with humour.

I tried the Stuntman Ignition demo way back when and was a but non-plussed.

I'll keep an eye out for it in bargain bins.

I think I had Just Cause when i bought my xbox i seem to remember parasailing behind a car?!

Fallout games? Last a while with loads of options.

Far cry 3 is good, can be played as a first person shooter, or a stealthy hunt and hunted game

Borderlands 2 is good, especially online with friends

Bio shock infinite is good, with an epic ending

Gaming burnout. I'm only just getting over it myself having not buying a proper game for almost 8 months. Bought Grid 2 and The Last of Us on PS3. Grid2 is just another racer. Fun at the start but you notice the flaws as it goes on. I will finish it and it can be enjoyable but don'tr take it too seriously. I've all but given up on racers. They always get the balance wrong. The Last Of Us though is absolutely superb! I didn't think I'd like it as I'm sick of games with zombies in but this is good. Plays a bit like Uncharted 1 so is clunky in places but designed to be. Adds panic. The enemies are intelligent and because resources are scarce you have to decide how you kill. So you use all your bullets and hope they drop some or do you stealth kill? Do you make things to stab people with or make an extra health pack. I've been savouring it and I'm about halfway through.