Still having Blue tooth connection probs

I thought I'd got it sorted but was wrong.

Everything was fine till my phone (Samsung galaxy) went in for repair.

I can get connected ok and this might last a day or more. Then I get "no compatable mobile phone found" or "connection not possible"

If I switch phone and car off, start phone, make phone discoverable and start car it reconnects.

I used (since the repair) to get a screen on phone saying "do you accept this paring" with an additional tick box to "always accept this phone" But that doesn't appear now.

The phone always says "paired to Skoda_BT"

Thoughts.....

I had connection problems with my Xperia Z too. Now I have limited success. I say limited because I can maintain connection and make calls but some contacts ID are not ID'ed.. i.e. I only see the number but not the name on my MFD. I can access phone book, see call history etc. So it's a small price to pay for the connection.

What I did was

1. trim my contacts to less then 400 contacts. U can check by doing a back up of contacts to external source. It will show the number of contacts.

2. before connecting to the car BT, I clear the call list

Thereafter connection is ok and can be maintained until my contact list exceeded 400 again (recently) and I had to do the same steps again.

I suspect it is something abt jelly bean Bluetooth share.. it resets or stops connection above a certain number and restarts..

Good luck!

Delete the pairing on the phone side and do it again. Keep an eye out for that tick box when you re-do it and make sure you hit the box before it times out never to appear again.

On my S3 LTE the only option I can find in the Bluetooth settings and list of paired items after tapping the settings button next to "Skoda_BT" is "Unpair" As long as you are away from the car I think that should do it.

Then delete from the car using the maxidot and start again

It is possible that the phone is faulty. When I got mine I had terrible trouble getting a wifi signal. It took four repair attempts by Samsung and a lot of shouting from me to get it fixed. I don't know but maybe the wifi and Bluetooth antennae are somehow linked

In blue tooth setting,where it says Skoda_BT, to the right there is a symbol which looks like a pair of headphones, but there is no settings button to tap and unpair.

Forgot to add that since mine was repaired I have no trouble at all connecting to the car, either this one or my previous Honda Accord, though I had more problems with the latter. It just connects automatically after a few seconds of getting in. The only problem I have is that sometimes the media player connects automatically and an icon appears on the maxidot display. I don`t want or need to play media from my phone and I find that if mediaplayer is connected I can`t use BlueVPN to get an internet signal, which I need for my speed camera database on the phone.

I only say away from the car because while I was deleting my previous Honda it was continually scanning for new bluetooth connections so it may find the Skoda again before you`re ready and you`ve deleted it properly from the car

Made a bit of progress but still not sorted

Went to Carphone warehouse where I bought the phone.

Nice man came and sat in the car and we went thru the process. He showed me how to unpair the phone.... instead of tapping, you HOLD DOWN on the Skoda_BT for a few seconds. A screen comes up allowing you to disconect. Got it all up and running including the screen which says do you acert this paring and the tick box to "always accept this device"

Lasted half a day then disconected itself.

So I'm back to square one!

All I can think of is try another phone to eliminate whether its the phone or the car that is faulty. It seems to me that one of them is. Like I said, now that my phone has been fixed I have no problem pairing S3 with my '60 reg Elegance estate

My Samsung Galaxy GT-S5360 connects to the car and works perfectly for three start-ups and on the fourth attempt gives the message 'no Bluetooth connection available'. If I then turn off and then turn on Bluetooth on the phone it then works for three more start-ups. I've disconnected and re-connected at the phone and in the car to no avail but haven't come across the 'always connect' prompt. My wifes Motorola works faultlessly.

Graham

• 4 weeks later...

I think I've solved it (more or less) Went back to carphone warehouse. Dan, the man there is very knowledgeable and was quite happy to take the phone in to check it out. However he suggested doing what the previous poster is doing. I.e. when I loose the connection, turn off the blue tooth by tapping the icon, then turn it straight on again, the click "connect" on the car display. This is quicker than going thru the whole procees from scratch, and allthough not perfect, it the best I'm going to get.

thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Richard, that's good that it is now working - although I appreciate it would be even better if you knew why!

I have intermittent problems with the Bluetooth on my iPhone 4s, where I occassionally lose the media player functionality (and so can not listen to my audio books), although I never lose the phone function.  When the media player fails to connect, nothing that I do fixes it - I just have to accept that I can't listen to it, and it always fixes itself the next time I use the car (when there is some time gap between use).  It's a mystery, and it is a tad annoying, but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything more about it.

Anyway, that's all I had to say.

Andrew.

• 1 month later...